cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is iPhone 6 compatible??

naguibarra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased a SIM card and activated it with the $15 plan, BUT when I inserted the SIM card in my iPhone 6 the message: No SIM Card Installed shows up!

Am I doing something wrong? This website specified that the iPhone 6 is compatible but it doesn't work for me! I would appreciate any help given! 

Thank you so much!

14 REPLIES 14

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes it is you should try taking it out and putting it back in 

@naguibarra 

Sounds like SIM card might be a dud. Hope Moderators can help.

Those calls to your voicemail are likely people calling messages on your voicemail.

Try calling your number. Does it go to voicemail?
Btw you can press * during the recording and enter your pin to hear your messages.

@naguibarra 

It is possible that it could be the SIM card, even though it is not common.  

Personally, I would try to contact moderator to make sure that there was not a problem with activation or provision of the account before buying another SIM card.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator and follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

@naguibarra wrote:

I appreciate your reply, thank you so much!

-I tried using the SIM card on another phone and the same thing happens: No SIM Card Installed. 

-I have also tried taping it down both on my phone and on another phone and the same thing happens: No SIM Card Installed.

-the history I am referring to is the "View My Usage". There have been over 10 outbound calls with my 'new number' to a voicemail number just today. I do not recognize the number, and I for sure did not make the calls since my SIM card isn't even working on my phone.

This is becoming so frustrating. I am coming to the assumption that this SIM card does not work and will probably end up buying another one unless someone else has a solution!

Thank you to everyone for your replies!! 🙂

Sure sounds like you got a corrupted sim. See if the retailer where you bought it will replace.

naguibarra

I appreciate your reply, thank you so much!

-I tried using the SIM card on another phone and the same thing happens: No SIM Card Installed. 

-I have also tried taping it down both on my phone and on another phone and the same thing happens: No SIM Card Installed.

-the history I am referring to is the "View My Usage". There have been over 10 outbound calls with my 'new number' to a voicemail number just today. I do not recognize the number, and I for sure did not make the calls since my SIM card isn't even working on my phone.

This is becoming so frustrating. I am coming to the assumption that this SIM card does not work and will probably end up buying another one unless someone else has a solution!

Thank you to everyone for your replies!! 🙂

@naguibarra wrote:

I did follow all the steps!!

It even shows in my history that I've made calls with my new number, but I haven't since the SIM card isn't working on my phone! 

Has anybody else had problems with the SIM card?? should I just buy another one??

You should not have to buy another SIM card.
As suggested by Dunkman, you should try the SIM card on another phone.

In some cases, the SIM card isn't making contact with the phone tray.
To fix the issue, try affixing a piece of tape on the back on the SIM card.

Btw which history are you referring to, where do you see you've made calls with your new number?
Do you see that on your self-serve account? Which number(s) were called? Are these called numbers known to you?

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It sure is as long as it is unlocked or through Telus or KoodoSmiley Happy

@naguibarra 

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether hardware issues versus PM service problem. 

I have a iPhone 6 and it works with PM. 

naguibarra

I did follow all the steps!!

It even shows in my history that I've made calls with my new number, but I haven't since the SIM card isn't working on my phone! 

Has anybody else had problems with the SIM card?? should I just buy another one??

aquintar

Also make sure you activate a plan. I had the same issue when I put in the brand new SIM but then I activated the card on the PM website and it worked. Follow the steps on the "Get Started" page to activate it!

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am running an iPhone 6 that is unlocked and it works perfectly. 

naguibarra

yes, it is unlocked

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@naguibarra , iPhone 6 is compatible.  Make sure to unlock the phone.  Also do network reset and make sure latest software is installed on the phone.  

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

It should work. 

Is it unlcoked?

Need Help? Let's chat.