cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is compatible with Public mobile Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T?

PabloDuke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community, 
I cannot find my model on the list of compatible cell phones but seems weird to me. Can anybody let me know if you are using this cell phone with Public mobile? 
Many thanks.
Pablo

10 REPLIES 10

PabloDuke

Yep, data is working well also and I haven't needed to re-set up any APN setting... No problems for the moment, just a little issue when the Xiaomi tried to activate the number in my account, but it seems solved... I'll post whatever happens but for now it's totally functional.

Thank you!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@PabloDuke  Is your data working also? Sometimes these type of phones have greyed out APN settings that can't be changed. The work around is a freedom mobile sim to edit the apn settings or asking a moderator if they can possibly send an APN config file to the phone.

If everything is working than that is great and if you used a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus that will be credited within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

PabloDuke

Thank you to everybody for all your help!!
I just activated the Public mobile´s sim card and it seems working without trouble in my device.  

Best!

balaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I use Redmi 5A bought in India (from Amazon India) with Public Mobile.  

Phone latches onto the network just fine, regardless of whether I set 'LTE' or '3G' to be Preferred Network Type.

Jeremie10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try resetting your mobile data first, restart your phone and then try again. This should work 📱

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a Redmi, too. Not the same model as yours. Mine works well with Public Mobile. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PabloDuke , Xiaomi phones will work.  Make sure you get the global model.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It should be compatible but make sure it is unlocked.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_8t-9946.php

Need Help? Let's chat.