cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Service down in Pembroke Ontario area?

MajorPainage
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So our service went out last night and still doesn't appear to be working.  I've tried to go in the phone to phone settings and it kept saying something like 'sim card busy'.  Today I tried to enter it again and now it says 'Call settings error - Network or sim card error'.  So how do you tell if there is an outage?  Or sim card issue?

23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MajorPainage wrote:

So for others, the comment that you can't use your old sim and have to buy another sim was absolutely incorrect.  I finally got my old sim entered and working, but I am still leaving PM.  Signed up elsewhere with another company that provides better quality service for our area, that provides 4G, that provides better support and hopefully provides a better community without a toxic individual.

That's very interesting that you were somehow able to use the old SIM. Good. Not sure how. But good.

Yup. Sometimes other features of other services are a better fit for some.

Cheers

@MajorPainage I'm sorry you feel this way about @Anonymous but he is correct that there has been some fraudulent activity on your account.I would take his advice and call your Banks, check all your passwords for your emails and any credit cards that you have linked to your email or phone number and if it's a business phone and you are serving our great country you might want to talk to your superior make sure it has not affected  or compromised your work. This could be a matter of national security. You can also call Transunion and Equifax to put a 7-year fraud alert associated to your sin number to ensure your identity isnt stolen.

We are only trying to help you. You should confirm with the moderators if you have been sim jacked. This is a case of better safe than sorry.....thank you for your service. Be kind, be calm, be safe.

MajorPainage

So for others, the comment that you can't use your old sim and have to buy another sim was absolutely incorrect.  I finally got my old sim entered and working, but I am still leaving PM.  Signed up elsewhere with another company that provides better quality service for our area, that provides 4G, that provides better support and hopefully provides a better community without a toxic individual.

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry about your experience.

Still this Community as a whole, does a better job than most other salaried Customer Service Reps.

Again, We wish you better days.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MajorPainage wrote:

Ok so this is a business phone so it's kind of important to get it fixed, but thanks @Anonymous you've made my decision easier with you **bleep**ty attitude.  I'll be going today to find a new company.  Problem solved and out of this rude group.

Rude?! Your account and so far your email have been compromised. I'm trying to direct you to urgency of what's important. Depending on what all information was on your account here and your gmail account that you know has already been compromised there is likely some urgency here.

So...as you wish. Enjoy.

No. You can't re-use your SIM. You would need to get another one and do the Change SIM function then. Doing the lost/stolen function stops the other SIM from being able to send/receive texts and calls and use the internet on your account.

MajorPainage

Ok so this is a business phone so it's kind of important to get it fixed, but thanks @Anonymous you've made my decision easier with you **bleep**ty attitude.  I'll be going today to find a new company.  Problem solved and out of this rude group.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MajorPainage wrote:

So I am not sure what's going on.  I tried to change the sim to the one in my hand and it says it's already in use. But the one showing in self serve is a different number.

Can I not re-enter my sim to activate it once again?

Call it lost/stolen now. Change your password for the self-serve. Get out of here wasting time and go make sure your money is safe. You've been hacked. This is just a phone service. Your money and identity are far more important.

MajorPainage

So I am not sure what's going on.  I tried to change the sim to the one in my hand and it says it's already in use. But the one showing in self serve is a different number.

Can I not re-enter my sim to activate it once again?

@MajorPainage sounds like you've been sim jacked. it's probably a good idea to call Equifax and your bank to start protecting your identity

If that hapened @MajorPainage and it wasnt done by you then your account was fraudently accessed. I would put my phone on lost/ stolen, change the password, the name on the account. And immediately contact the moderators. Also change any email passwords, check your banks etc. Stay safe. 

MajorPainage

@gblackma  seems the sim card number was changed.  Also seems my Hotmail password was also changed over night.  

So I am guessing I should enter the sim card number I have now to activate it again, and then change all my passwords on my PB selfserve account and hotmail.

Does that sound about right to correct things?

@MajorPainage whats the make and model of your phones? Are they the same phone or 2 different ones? You could try restarting your phones. Turn off, remove and reinsert the sim cards. Wait 5 minutes and restart them. Stay safe. 

MajorPainage

@Anonymous   Interesting.  The numbers don't match.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MajorPainage wrote:

@Barbie2 already sent a message to moderators.  

While you're looking in the self-serve, verify that the last 4 digits of your SIM card match in both places. Go into Change SIM to see the last 4 digits the system thinks you have. Don't complete the page obviously 🙂 just look.

I might be keeping a close eye on banks and payment cards right about now too.

MajorPainage

@Barbie2 already sent a message to moderators.  

MajorPainage

@fdrcamb519 nothing works. I try calling my own phone number from a land line and I get the beeping noise like the line is busy.

Barbie2

@MajorPainage 

Go to Simon the question mark in the corner and tell them your service is not working. You can open a ticket with the moderators and they can help you from there. 

Enjoy today 🙂

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MajorPainage 

Is it the complete service voice and data, or just data not working 

MajorPainage

Self serve says account is active.

Put the sim card into another phone and I see a spinning icon at the top like its searching for a network to connect to but just keeps spinning.

I have 2 phones I bought new some time ago so they are a couple years old.

shaker

Service is not down.

Could be an issue with PM.

You can ask the Moderator Team to look into it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MajorPainage wrote:

So our service went out last night and still doesn't appear to be working.  I've tried to go in the phone to phone settings and it kept saying something like 'sim card busy'.  Today I tried to enter it again and now it says 'Call settings error - Network or sim card error'.  So how do you tell if there is an outage?  Or sim card issue?

Can you log in to your self-serve account? If so does it say Active?

Restart the phone.

Do you have another phone you can try the SIM in to narrow down service or phone?

Did you buy the phone new or used?

MajorPainage

t i can see there are no outages but yet no service.  No sure where to look other than go and signup with another company to get activated right away.  Rather disappointing.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check the Telus service outages.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

Need Help? Let's chat.