cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Rino3 Pro 5.8 able to work on PM network?

Girpee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

before i buying a Rino3 Pro 5.8 I confirmed with PM that it was compatible. I was told it was. 

So bought the phone, bought the sim card and paid for a plan.  I cannot connect.

I printed out the chat and I saw that the PM chat guy had checked on Reno3 Pro 5.8 not Rino3 Pro 5.8. So my question is will this Rino3 Pro 5.8 work on the PM network?

11 REPLIES 11

@Girpee wrote:

full refund given by Walmart..new phone Leagoo M12 works fine. thanks all

Hi @Girpee nice to hear that Walmart gave you a full refund and your new phone is compatible with Public Mobile.  That's great news!

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

Girpee

full refund given by Walmart..new phone Leagoo M12 works fine. thanks all

Girpee

Third party resellers can use a store like Walmart that has a good reputation and get away with dumping their products.

The store's reputation is only as high as the people that they have selling for them. 

unless they give a full refund.

@Girpee if Walmart sells it in their store(not online), then it should work. 

*I just looked it up on Walmart's website. it's being sold through a third party seller. I don't think you will receive a full refund if it doesn't work.

Girpee

thanks a lot for your feedback..it makes you wonder why walmart would sell this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be a pretty obscure phone. Alibaba suggested it had 3G WCDMA 850. That's one of the two minimum required frequencies for PM. Although even there maybe it could say UMTS.

I don't think the phone will work here.

Girpee

the phone i have does has a 5 inch screen, I'll keep trying to get it to work

Girpee

thanks for your reply..no, its not on the list. I see that now. I took the information from PM chat guy as being accurate. First mistake.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Girpee I would have to suggest purchasing a phone that's known to work in Canada. what is your budget on a new device?

@Girpee wrote:

before i buying a Rino3 Pro 5.8 I confirmed with PM that it was compatible. I was told it was. 

So bought the phone, bought the sim card and paid for a plan.  I cannot connect.

I printed out the chat and I saw that the PM chat guy had checked on Reno3 Pro 5.8 not Rino3 Pro 5.8. So my question is will this Rino3 Pro 5.8 work on the PM network?

According to https://shopee.ph/Rino3-pro-mobile-phone-5.8-Inch-Smartphone-3G-Network-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Mobilephone... , the Rino3 Pro 5.8 should work as they list the network types as "Frequency: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz, 3G: WCDMA850/1900/2100MHz".  However, I have no way to check the accuracy of that website, and don't have much confidence in that information as it also says that the screen size is only 5.0 inches.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like it. Check the site below to see the list of compatible devices:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

Need Help? Let's chat.