cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone4S

miranhwang82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

using Orchard I just got my Iphone 4S with a new Public Mobile Simcard.

It should be an unlocked phone as Orchard pretends and so being already a public mobile phone user, I just changed my SIM card number using my account.

then i put the new SIM card into Iphone and says that this simcard is not compatible with Iphone4S that I just got from Orchard.

What to do??????????

18 REPLIES 18

Some wise words there!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

I regard being amused as having a positive attitude. There are countless studies that demonstrate that patients with a positive approach, undergoing surgery, have better long-term outcomes than those with a negative attitude.

Without being trite, it's mind over matter.

Oh, don't worry - I can relate to that part, too. Being amused can be a good coping mechanism, I find 🙂

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

I'm glad that you enjoyed the post.

Part 2 is not amusing. I had to stand in the corner, facing the wall, for the "Why?". Though punished, I continue to ask questions to this very day.

Cheers.

I nearly fell off my chair laughing just now...reminds me of when I was little.

#aahthegoodoledays

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Yes, it's due to curiosity.

When I was in Grade 3, my homeroom teacher told me that I asked too many questions. I reacted by asking, "Why?".

Cheers.

Yes, when looking at a post from yesterday, it would simply say "yesterday", and then display the full timestamp on hover. When looking at an older post, it would give a similar natural language estimate of the time (such as "3 weeks ago"), and give the full timestamp upon hover.

Why do you ask? Are you just curious about how desktop browser functionality differs from what you are able to access from your phone?

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi 778,

Thanks for stating that 07:44 PM was displayed.

I access the community by phone only. FYI, "35 minutes ago" would never be shown; only the time would be. Further, the time would be 7:44 PM, not 07:44 PM. If you were to hover the pointer over today's date tomorrow, would the time still be displayed?

As for Raincouver, my Moto G, using strict autocorrect, never attempts to correct the word. It was evidently programmed by someone familiar with the climate! LOL!

Cheers. 🙂

Yes, it is. It says "35 minutes ago" and when I hover the mouse pointer on it, it gives the full timestamp of "11-27-2015 07:44PM".

Also, LOL at you calling it "Raincouver"!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

You're welcome.

I have a question for you in light of your being in Raincouver. I see the time of your post as 10:44 PM. Is the time displayed as 7:44 PM when you see it?

Cheers.

@Martin Thanks for sharing - it's good to hear Orchard isn't all bad!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Even though Orchard does not sell Moto G units nor has a separate repair section, regardless of phone, I nevertheless wrote to the company. I needed my phones' batteries replaced as well as a speakerphone. Though there was no possible sale involved, I received very prompt replies due to an email exchange, which included some non-Orchard links.

Though it's disappointing to read that an Orchard phone arrived locked, I prefer to believe, based on my positive experience with the company, that it was due to oversight, not incompetence.

Being wary of Orchard is not necessary.

Cheers.

@miranhwang82 If you feel your question has been answered, please accept a post as a solution to mark the thread as "solved".

It could be a glitch in the unlocking process. iPhones are notoriously complex and hard to unlock. Sometimes the unlocking doesn't happen properly.

I agree that Orchard should really test for these things - but I hope they're atleast able to send you another phone quickly to fix their error. Please let us all know how your interaction goes with them.

miranhwang82

Thank you

I feel so sad ......

how come they send me a locked phone...............

cant trust Orchard aymore,,,hope they reply to my email......

anyone wanting to buy through Orchard, be careful

Thanks @miranhwang82. Yep - that iPhone is definitely not unlocked - which it should be, per Orchard's policy.

Please send Orchard a webmail from the following link. Don't forget to attach the screenshot file so they can see exactly what happens when you put in the provided PM SIM into the phone. They will likely send you a replacement right away.

https://orchard.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new?b_id=10360

miranhwang82

image.jpg

Mayor / Maire

@miranhwang82 Could you please type out the exact error message you see when you insert the PM SIM into the iPhone? A screenshot would be even better (if you can manage to take and send it).

Need Help? Let's chat.