cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone

andlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in need of replacing the screen on my IPhone SE or buying a used serviced cell. Any help? 

12 REPLIES 12

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The home button on my son's SE was broken couple years ago.  He was able to configure to use the touch screen home button work around until he got a cheap iPhone 8 during boxing week 2018.

andlock

It was Like $23.00, but I had to replace the home button for $9.00. So for about $31.00 I have my cell back

andlock

popping

@andlock 

Thank you for the update.  Enjoy your saving with PM.

andlock

It took me some hours but once had the new screen in I found the home button needed to be replace. My iPhone SE is up and working g great. 

Thanks all 
andlock

andlock

Great I will see.

andlock

Thanks I will check it out.

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

this is a good question for me to answer, i own two iphone SE, I don't recommend replacing screen, usually replacement screens, are Not cheep and colours dont look right, by the time you spend money with screen,  put it towards another recent iphone 7 or above. hope this answer helped.

Replacement screens can be of exactly the same quality if the replacement is the same part (or equivalent) and if the repair is done correctly.  Unfortunately, most of the screens out there aren't original  (even when the seller says that it is) resulting in a lower quality image in order to save money in manufacturing costs.

@andlock  Apple would definitely be able to repair the phone properly and with an original part, but the price could be more than the device is worth. I believe that Apple also does have a fixed replacement phone price available to those have broken their phones by accident. Check with Apple about that. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@andlock wrote:

I am in need of replacing the screen on my IPhone SE or buying a used serviced cell. Any help? 

It likle 20.00 to get a replacement screen but you need to be handy...

Iphone SE Screen replacement

andlock
Spoiler
Thanks that will save a lot of trouble. I had replaced the screen on my iPad 4 and it was a lot of work. So I am on the hunt for a refurbished iPhone. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@andlock wrote:

I have replaced screens on my phone before its pretty difficult if you have no experience you'll need a warm stove element a wedge and a scraper blade. 

It may be cheaper to replace the screen though! 

popping

@andlock 

If you are a handy DIY type of person, your can buy a replacement screen and tools.  Replace it yourself.  Watch the following video to determine whether you can handle the job.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

this is a good question for me to answer, i own two iphone SE, I don't recommend replacing screen, usually replacement screens, are Not cheep and colours dont look right, by the time you spend money with screen,  put it towards another recent iphone 7 or above. hope this answer helped.

Need Help? Let's chat.