cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone xs saying "sim card not supported"

Mackenzieoliver
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with PM for a few months with my iphone 6s and had no problems. I just bought Iphone xs and trying to switch sim card over but it is saying "sim card not supported". The phone is unlocked not sure what else to do. 

thank you for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like your phone maybe locked.  Did you switch from another provider ?  If so then you would need to contact them to unlock it.

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mackenzieoliver wrote:

I've been with PM for a few months with my iphone 6s and had no problems. I just bought Iphone xs and trying to switch sim card over but it is saying "sim card not supported". The phone is unlocked not sure what else to do. 

thank you for your help!

Restart your phone.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@MackenzieoliverThe phone is probably not unlocked. Where did you get the phone from?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Mackenzieoliver wrote:

thank you for your help!

Where did you buy the phone? As noted, that messages usually means the phone has locked to the original carrier. If you are certain it has been unlocked try the ideas here: https://www.imobie.com/support/bypass-iphone-sim-not-supported-issue.html; especially restoring from iTunes with your computer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There was another similar case with N iPhone, I think consensus was that some how the phone got re locked  or something similar. 

Will try to find thread 

Need Help? Let's chat.