cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone lost/stolen - outgoing calls logged all to VM #, why? what this mean?

babinni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My iphone went missing Dec 24, came here to deactivate and saw 7 or 8 outgoing calls placed after i lost it. Every one is to the same number -called it and it was voicemail. 

What this mean?  It makes no sense  - if someone got into my phone I doubt they'd call VM.  Is this showing as outbound calls because someone called me and it went to voicemail?

6 REPLIES 6

@babinni wrote:

thanks  just tried retrieving messages, and of course i cant remember my vm password. Never had to use it on my iphone, grrrrr

If you have access to your online selfserve account, you can reset your voicemail PIN by going to "Plan and Add-Ons" then selecting "Reset Voicemail Password" :

pm-reset-voicemail.png

babinni

thanks  just tried retrieving messages, and of course i cant remember my vm password. Never had to use it on my iphone, grrrrr

babinni

Thanks - Yes -  Called my number numerous times, all going straight to vm.  When i lost it it was at 1% so the battery would be dead unless someone were to charge it.   just reactivated and called again,  and still going to VM

@babinni I hope you find it. Losing your phone is worse than losing your wallet, imo. 

In the meantime, you can still get your messages. From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.

Hopefully, one or all of the messages are from the person who "found your phone." Good Luck!

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The calls to your voicemail mean people tried calling you and these calls went to your voicemail.

You can call your number from another phone to check your voicemail messages.

Before you deactivated your phone, did you try calling your number?

If it rings, there a possibility someone found your phone and may return it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@babinni wrote:

My iphone went missing Dec 24, came here to deactivate and saw 7 or 8 outgoing calls placed after i lost it. Every one is to the same number -called it and it was voicemail. 

What this mean?  It makes no sense  - if someone got into my phone I doubt they'd call VM.  Is this showing as outbound calls because someone called me and it went to voicemail?

All calls that drop to voicemail will look like a call made to voicemail. It uses call forwarding. So yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.