cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6s data not working

tchow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iphone 6s and data has stopped working.

I have tried resetting my APN

I have tried resetting network settings

I have tried resetting my phone

I have tried reporting my phone is lost/recovered

I have LTE signal but to no avail. It just prompts me to the Public Mobile webpage whenever I use Safari.

Any tips on how to resolve would be much appreciated. Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

@tchow SIM card is just a bunch of cipher keys and instructions. They usually don't get toast that easily. Changing the SIM card won't solve the problem as it is an account problem on Public's end. Either way you should contact the Moderators for resolution, do expect up to 48 hours for a response.. also provide them with details and screenshots to help them diagnose the problem.

tchow

I tried using my a different SIM card and my data worked with their plan. 

Seems as as if my PM SIM card is toast. Anyone else share this same conclusion? Any chance PM can send me a new one?

@tchowDoes your web requests pointing only to PM's web server persists when you turn off Cellular Data complete in Settings and rely on Wifi only?

With cellular data only: What happens if you run an alternate browser like Chrome? What happens if you switch to Cloudflare's DNS server (via their app)

Since we don't know how you configured your iPhone previously. The quickest way is to erase everything and start fresh via reset. Another alternative is to just walk into your nearest Apple Store and ask the staff to fix it for you.

You can find the latest carrier setting version under About.. if it is already the latest, it won't be updated. Carrier info iOSCarrier info iOS

tchow

I’ve tried to update carrier settings but no update prompt will come up

@ChuckYeah wrote:

os13a.PNGos13a.PNG

The link at the bottom refers you to the link I have you earlier in the thread. I ie hit a dead end. Hope @CS_Agent can help.

os13a.PNGos13a.PNG

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tchow wrote:

I have an iphone 6s and data has stopped working.

I have tried resetting my APN

I have tried resetting network settings

I have tried resetting my phone

I have tried reporting my phone is lost/recovered

I have LTE signal but to no avail. It just prompts me to the Public Mobile webpage whenever I use Safari.

Any tips on how to resolve would be much appreciated. Thanks.

@tchow Can you send/receive emails? If yes, Thein it's not a data issue.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

been searching THE Google for an answer to this assuming it is the ios. The only one I could see was to hook your phone to ITunes and downgrade the ios? I doubt you want to get into that before some more research. It's been happening since ios12.0.1 I think. They must have some remedy for it by now.

Did you try this?

carrierupd.PNG

tchow

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Which IOS are you using? Is it possible a recent update caused the issue. If so, there are a few things you can try:

https://www.tenorshare.com/ios-12/fix-cellular-data-no-service-after-ios-update.html

justinedudka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you check to make sure you still have available data?  I know I turned LTE off as it uses data faster the 3G.  

@tchow Try going into your account, report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone.

@tchow wrote:

I have not run out of data. I've waited for my billing cycle (last month( to refresh and it still does not work.

@tchow  Have you tried putting your sim card in another phone to rules out a hardware issue? If you do and it still doesn't work I would suggest sending a message to the moderator team since it seems you have already done the typical troubleshooting (besides your sim to another phone). Click this to send them a message.

tchow

I have not run out of data. I've waited for my billing cycle (last month( to refresh and it still does not work.

tchow

$25 per 30 days

500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed

Unlimited Canada-wide Talk

Unlimited International Text

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since there is no reply from you, I'll assume that you have run out of data.  You may want to log into your selfserve account and check the amount of data you have remaining in your plan for the remainder of the month.  If your out of data you can buy a data add on to tie you over for the rest of the month.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What plan do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.