cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 cannot get text messges from another Iphone

BooRadley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is safe and sound at home.  I've been preoccupied the last few days trying to figure out an issue that popped up out of nowhere.  

I have an Iphone 6 with the $25 plan (unlimited calls and texts, but no data).  It's been just been brought to my attention that anyone with an Iphone that tries to text me gets an "undelivered" message (my texts go through to the Iphones properly).  A Samsung that texts me goes through, and I can likewise send texts properly to those devices. 

I don't use imessage, so that is turned off and my IOS is up to date.  I've tried doing a soft reset.  I'm at a loss now and not sure what else to try.  Does anyone have any suggestions or if someone had a similar issue, can you let me know what you did to fix it?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@BooRadley 

I don’t think the @gblackma response is what  are looking for. 

Seeing that you are at home, you can iMessage other iPhone, iPad, or Mac users over wifi using a phone number or email address. 

But it I think you are wanting to use your free texting from using your PM account. I have an iPhone SE. I suggest you turn on iMessage all the time. Your phone should be able to send a cellular text (not using data) to any type of phone when sending from a phone number to a phone number. Make sure your iPhone “send from” is your mobile number. 

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you on an older plan or something?  The current $25 dollar plan is unlimited calls and texts with 500mb data (or 1GB with autopay).  You should change plans if your not getting any data.

Like others mentioned imessages use data, so you need a little bit so you can receive the texts from other iphones if  your not connected to wifi.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BooRadley 

If your friends are using iMessage to send you message using iMessage format and your iPhone iMessage was disabled, you may not get the iMessage formatted messages.

You can enable iMessage to receive iMessage formatted messages and also enable to send and receive text message using the cellular channel so that your friend with Android phone can also get your message too.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BooRadley , please turn on Imessage and enable data and ask them to text you. Let us know if this works. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.