cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 11 pro

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is not for right now. Most likely it's farther on in the year when I have more money because my phone is constantly dying as it is now a really old phone. Its an iPhone 7 plus and I cannot make it through the day without charging it constantly. 

My question would be the PM sim card I have now (I think its the nano sim card) could be transferred to the new phone and should start working as soon as I put it in or a few minutes after?

Or do I have to do something in my self serve account?

Also I am not (for obvious reasons) going on a contract. I want to buy the phone outright unlocked so I can use it for public mobile. Do you guys have any suggestions on where I would find the cheapest price even if its just a dollar or two.

Thanks again 

15 REPLIES 15

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brettster99 wrote:

@DOA 

Unfortunately (Seem to be my most used word right now hahaha) it’s my only phone 

Life is an onion.  One peels it while crying.

brettster99

@DOA 

Unfortunately (Seem to be my most used word right now hahaha) it’s my only phone 

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brettster99 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Considering this would be my absolute first time I would need to buy the tools to do it. Then I would haft to follow the videos to a T and I do not trust myself enough for that. 

Who would I suppose to get mad at then if things go south and the phone stops working? I will rather be able to get mad at someone else other than me LOL. I remember when I had an LG G4 and it started to boot loop. Boy was I pissed and everyone was saying its gonna cost this amount. I phone LG and they said that they were sorry and they would change it more a slightly reduced price (still over $100) I got really mad at them and changed there tune to say sorry for the inconvenience we can do it for free but you need to send the phone to us (I did) and got it fixed free. 

I sold that phone a couple of years ago now. Also this being my only phone I have the risk is elevated for a DIY battery replacement 

If you have another phone you can use while yours is in transit, you can send your 7+ to Apple and they'll replace the battery for $65 + $10 return shipping.  That's such a reasonable price, it's not worth risking mayhem by doing the job yourself.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

you should look at the new iPhone SE it has the 11 Guts and has the fastest chip out of all phones on the market it says. Its the 6 body. 

brettster99

@Luddite 

Seriously 😂 or just take a HUGH financial hit and buy a phone outright online and have it shipped. Do not think I can take the hit now as I got CC debt to pay. 

But a guy can dream 

brettster99

@Anonymous 

Considering this would be my absolute first time I would need to buy the tools to do it. Then I would haft to follow the videos to a T and I do not trust myself enough for that. 

Who would I suppose to get mad at then if things go south and the phone stops working? I will rather be able to get mad at someone else other than me LOL. I remember when I had an LG G4 and it started to boot loop. Boy was I pissed and everyone was saying its gonna cost this amount. I phone LG and they said that they were sorry and they would change it more a slightly reduced price (still over $100) I got really mad at them and changed there tune to say sorry for the inconvenience we can do it for free but you need to send the phone to us (I did) and got it fixed free. 

I sold that phone a couple of years ago now. Also this being my only phone I have the risk is elevated for a DIY battery replacement 

@brettster99 wrote:

@Luddite 

Bad news. The shop is closed because of COVID-19 and there is no other battery replacement service in town (not even ones that are not apple certified) and even if it was open I would be without a phone for a long time because the phone would need to be sent off to the service facility and I am not taking that chance. 

The joys of living in a small town (Still would not trade it for the world) 

Guess you'll need a long extension cord for a while, then. 🤣

extension-cords.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brettster99

@Luddite 

Bad news. The shop is closed because of COVID-19 and there is no other battery replacement service in town (not even ones that are not apple certified) and even if it was open I would be without a phone for a long time because the phone would need to be sent off to the service facility and I am not taking that chance. 

The joys of living in a small town (Still would not trade it for the world) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lotsa vids on replacing a battery online. Batteries are available online. DIY man. 🙂

brettster99

@Luddite 

Hey, that is very possible and way cheaper than a new phone but those new features are really enticing as well.

I might wait too way later to get the phone but in the meantime get a new battery as you suggested. I'm just wondering who would actually be still open to doing a battery repair that is apple certified. The only place in my town is the source and I don't think they are open right now but I will check.

@brettster99 Perhaps consider a new battery; unless, you want the new features. I'm still using a 5 after upgrading the battery; local shop $50.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brettster99

@NDesai 

To be honest I do not think I can go anything under a 5.5inch screen because I am so used to it and I use my phone a lot for entertainment like youtube Netflix etc. The iPhone SE second generation though is in my opinion being the "supposedly" cheap phone I think its a little overpriced.

Should be around either $500 or $550 but of course in Canadian dollars not the US where it is cheaper. Looks like a really good phone though for people who do not want a big screen then it be perfect for them.

Just not for me and my use case 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@brettster99 Are you looking for bigger phones only? If not, what do you think about the new iPhone SE (2nd Gen) for $599?

brettster99

@NDesai 

Thank you 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@brettster99 Don't worry, it will work fine. You just have to move the sim to the new phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.