cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Sim Card iPhone Xr

namon800
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just joined public mobile recently and everything has been fine until today. My Dad (Who is a Roger's customer) was having problems with his phone recognizing his sim.He got the iPhone error stating invalid sim card. In short, he called customer service and they told him to put his sim into another phone to see if it was the sim card that was acting up. My dad and I actually have the exact same phone (iPhone Xr) so we thought no problem. I insert his sim into my phone, and we get the same error so we realize his sim card must be damaged. I thought it was all good and well until I put my own sim back into my phone. Now I got the same errors he is getting with the Invalid Sim. As for my dad, he solved his problem by going to the store and getting a new sim, and his phone works just as new. Really this post is just asking, is it possible to get a new sim card? Would I have to buy it? Would Public give me a new one for free? And if I do need to end up buying, do I have to wait for it to ship or can I get it in stores? I am a new customer who just recently got on a plan. I can give all details of my account to a Moderator if need be to verify me. Really any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@namon800 try removing the sim, turning off the phone and waiting 30 seconds then turn the phone on and reinsert the sim card

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

While you're waiting for the new sim, check out this article, it might help. Also go to Settings > Profile, and see if you have a Rogers carrier profile there. If yes, delete it and restart your phone.

@namon800 When you switch sims in your self service account. The account info will automatically transfer to the new SIM. Contact the moderators and ask them to reset your service. If that doesnt work explain what happened and ask them about a credit for the burnt sim card.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to the community .

@namon800 wrote:

Hi

So I tried your solution before (Reset Network Settings) Before I even posted, but i thought why not try it again. I did as so, and Cellular worked for about 5 minutes before failing again. I assume the sim card must be damaged of some sort? How do I proceed with a replacement? And would all my account info transfer automatically to my new sim card or would i have to do it manually?

Thanks

Contact the moderator team and see if they will offer up a replacement SIM card for free.  

namon800
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

So I tried your solution before (Reset Network Settings) Before I even posted, but i thought why not try it again. I did as so, and Cellular worked for about 5 minutes before failing again. I assume the sim card must be damaged of some sort? How do I proceed with a replacement? And would all my account info transfer automatically to my new sim card or would i have to do it manually?

Thanks

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@namon800  reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesnt automatically do it for you. Welcome to the community. Stay safe.

Here's how it's done:
  1. Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Next, tap General.
  3. Scroll down to and then tap Reset to continue.
  4. Select the option to Reset Network Settings.
  5. If prompted, enter the correct passcode for your device.
  6. Then tap the option to confirm network settings reset.
Need Help? Let's chat.