cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM card error on Orchard bought phone

nairnine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently bought a factory-refreshed Samsung Galaxy S5 from Orchard.  The phone itself worked just fine, but the SIM card from my old phone wouldn't fit in the new one so I switched to a new SIM that came packaged with the phone. 

The switching process went just fine too since I checked that the new SIM worked with my old phone, but when I put the SIM in the new phone it keeps on giving me the message "Invalid SIM card, Network locked SIM card inserted".  I tried rebooting, re-inserting, cleaning the SIM etc but it still gives me that message. 

I'm kind of lost here, I thought Orchard refreshed phones are unlocked and guaranteed to be compatible with Public Mobile?  Is there anything I can do to get it working?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

10 REPLIES 10

This is good to know for future customer buying phones from Orchard. Thanks for letting us know about the resolution, @nairnine!

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad to hear all is well. I figured it was supposed to be unlocked but was probably missed. Sounds like Orchard made it right which at the end of the day is what you want as a customer. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Glad to hear that Orchard fixed their mistake.  

Not ideal to be in this situation to begin with, but now I hope you can enjoy your new phone.  

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Thanks for updating us regarding Orchard rectifying the situation without delay.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

nairnine

I got in touch with Orchard support, they unlocked the phone for me and sent me a network key, the phone is now connected and working properly with Public Mobile! 

That was a weird issue, glad I didn't have to send back the phone or anything like that! 

@DKThe phone was bought "unlocked" and "guaranteed to be compatible with Public Mobile", so it SHOULD've been compatible with Telus network at least.  Didn't have SIMs from other carriers so I don't know what would've happened, but the phone is supposed to be "unlocked" so it shouldn't matter what SIM is popped into it... at least in theory :x

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nairnine please keep us updated when you hear back from Orchard.  We'd like to know that they are resolving your issue satisfactorily or not, as this will be good info for the community going forward.  I hope you get a speedy resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is the phone you bought unlocked or a Telus device as it sounds like it's locked to a different network other than Telus!

If you have access to a Bell/Virgin or Rogers/Fido sim try it and see what happens. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're quite welcome!

Though I very highly doubt it, if Orchard gives you a hard time, inform this community, and the manager, who is a PM employee, will be contacted. After all, Orchard is advertised by PM as its trusted partner, and, as such, 100% customer satisfaction is expected.

nairnine

Thanks for the response!  I emailed Orchard, now just have to hope there'll be a solution....

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Even though "Orchard" phones are supposed to be compatible with PM, the occasional mistake has been known to occur.

Please contact Orchard first thing tomorrow to resolve your problem.

My experience with emailing them is that the reps are very prompt, and have a very positive attitude.

Good luck!
Need Help? Let's chat.