cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International texting

vanginmi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughter has public mobile along with myself. We both have international texting. But cant seem to text each other. Any advice is greatly appreciated.  She is in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Holland.  

7 REPLIES 7

Scott6370

Change my husbands phone to public mobile and I’m with bell he can’t text me but can call..please help he is leaving for work tomorrow 

@David3535 wrote:

I have been paying for US Roaming in including texting. Voice service working but texting not working since the data limit (500mb) exceeded.  Paid for roaming text upgrade but still no texting. Very disappointed because no help and money deducted.  

Will copy and post “No HELP FROM PUBLIC MOBILE” until someone helps me!!!

What app are you using for texting?  Texting does not use data, but apps such as WhatsApp, FB messenger, and iMessage send data based messages, rather than sending sms.

David3535
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been paying for US Roaming in including texting. Voice service working but texting not working since the data limit (500mb) exceeded.  Paid for roaming text upgrade but still no texting. Very disappointed because no help and money deducted.  

Will copy and post “No HELP FROM PUBLIC MOBILE” until someone helps me!!!

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vanginmi wrote:

Ok thanks. She would not know how to do that - I will mention it. I guess we will have to stick with wifi for the short trip. Thanks. 

@vanginmi You can download a free calling and texting app in the future. Whenever you go for traveling, you can use the app to call back anywhere in North America for FREE. I am using TextNow and Fongo. But Fongo may not be able to get certain location within Canada. 

vanginmi

Ok thanks. She would not know how to do that - I will mention it. I guess we will have to stick with wifi for the short trip. Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vanginmi wrote:

My daughter has public mobile along with myself. We both have international texting. But cant seem to text each other. Any advice is greatly appreciated.  She is in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Holland.  

She would need to use a local SIM. The Public Mobile service will not work there. All Public Mobile services work while IN Canada (or using roaming add-ons in the US). Nowhere else.

vanginmi

I'm in Canada 

Need Help? Let's chat.