cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International text not going out

Kleinangel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good evening,

I changed from Virgin to Public yesterday and my internet, calls and Canadian text are working.

However I have been trying to send an interntional text and it is not going out. I turned off and on my phone but nothing changed.

I have the country code right and I did not have any problem before with Virgin Mobile.

My phone is a Redmi Note7.

Can someone help me please?

23 REPLIES 23

Kleinangel

I have great news. I tried again after my last message here and it worked. Sometimes they received only half of the messages but it worked!!! I did not change anything so I guess my phone needed more than a couple of hours to be able to send international texts.

I am relieved and grateful to all of you for your help

[Solution highlighted .......... Luddite]

So since I have the freebie 400 minutes of international calling to mess around with, I tested calling Bank Audi, from a random google lookup for banks in France. Their Paris phone number according to their web page is:

+33 1 53 83 50 00

I dialed this as presented (plus sign is entered by holding 0 in the dialer) from my Public Mobile phone, and it went through to the automated answering system without a hitch.

Using 011 instead of the + also worked on a second call:

011 33 1 53 83 50 00

@gblackma wrote:

Sorry to hear that  @Kleinangel  try +011 33 can't hurt. Have you tried downloading a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to send / receive those texts. May be a work around. What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. 

+011 wouldn't work.

@Kleinangel wrote:

Hello,

So what the moderator told me is that 6 texts went through apparently (I sent more than 20 at the time) and that my port status has been completed normally. The problem is the texts were never received in France. The moderator meant it could be a receiver's provider problem (I tried 4 different French numbers and they have at least 3 different French providers). Those numbers were able to receive messages from Virgin but not from Public. To make tthe people restart their phone did not bring anything either.

I tried 4 different numbers in France without success.

I tried 011 33 number and before +33 and number without success

Apparently there is not solution and I am very disappointed. I cannot believe that Public  would have such different conventions with French providers than Virgin. And I also cannot believe that I am the only one sending texts to French numbers. I still think there is a problem with my phone or sim card or configuration but I do not know which one.

Anyway, thank you to all of you again for trying to help. I appreciate it

@Kleinangel   Thanks for the update...but that is a little disappointing that you couldn't get a resolve for this from the moderators.  The only other thing I can think of (if not already tried) is to maybe try your SIM in a different phone (spare or family/friend's) and then retry sending out a text again to those numbers.  At least then you might be a bit clearer about it probably being a problem with your phone/configurations, or not?

Sorry to hear that  @Kleinangel  try +011 33 can't hurt. Have you tried downloading a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to send / receive those texts. May be a work around. What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. 

Kleinangel

Hello,

So what the moderator told me is that 6 texts went through apparently (I sent more than 20 at the time) and that my port status has been completed normally. The problem is the texts were never received in France. The moderator meant it could be a receiver's provider problem (I tried 4 different French numbers and they have at least 3 different French providers). Those numbers were able to receive messages from Virgin but not from Public. To make tthe people restart their phone did not bring anything either.

I tried 4 different numbers in France without success.

I tried 011 33 number and before +33 and number without success

Apparently there is not solution and I am very disappointed. I cannot believe that Public  would have such different conventions with French providers than Virgin. And I also cannot believe that I am the only one sending texts to French numbers. I still think there is a problem with my phone or sim card or configuration but I do not know which one.

Anyway, thank you to all of you again for trying to help. I appreciate it

@Kleinangel 

Have you tried + instead of 011?

Livvybabyxo

Sorry to hear this. Please give an update with the response from the model team so we can add a solution here as well. I'm also interested in their response and solution in case I need to send off any international texts. (You never know) 

Kleinangel

Thank you @Jb456 , this worked!

@Kleinangel wrote:

I tried to send a ticket but when I click on the link in the chat I receive the error:

Whoops! Looks like we were too busy thinking about you.

Error 404

@Kleinangel  send a private message then. Link below.

CLICK HERE 

Kleinangel

I tried to send a ticket but when I click on the link in the chat I receive the error:

Whoops! Looks like we were too busy thinking about you.

Error 404

@Kleinangel wrote:

Well I spoke too soon. The texts came back. I tried two different French numbers to no avail.

I also added the 011 before.

Canadian text messages are fine (incoming and outgoing),

What else can I do please?

You might need to submit a ticket to moderators and they can take a look at what might be going on with your account.  Here is a link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish.

Kleinangel

Well I spoke too soon. The texts came back. I tried two different French numbers to no avail.

I also added the 011 before.

Canadian text messages are fine (incoming and outgoing),

What else can I do please?

Kleinangel

Good to know. Thank you for your help!

Kleinangel

I tried the lost and found and it seems to be working now. I will check tomorrow if my friend received his text.

It was all international numbers for text. But I did not try to call.

Those numbers are French numbers. I did not know we have to add the 011 code before the country code. Where does this come from?

Thank you all for your tips!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kleinangel  If you can send a text within Canada then you should be able to send an international text.

Did you port your number from Virgin? If yes, are you able to receive texts? If not wait for the port to complete and then try sending the text again.

Is it every international text? Or just this number? Can you call it? You said something about a French calling card. Is it in France? So, area code 011 33? Thanks.

Kleinangel

I meant lost and found

Kleinangel

I did tried the soft reset.

I tried only to send to one number but it worked one week ago with Virgin so...

I do not know if people can send international texts to my canadian number as it is too expensive for them. I didnot try.I have my french sim card for their texts.

I will try the sole and found. Let's see.

Thank you

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kleinangel wrote:

Good evening,

I changed from Virgin to Public yesterday and my internet, calls and Canadian text are working.

However I have been trying to send an interntional text and it is not going out. I turned off and on my phone but nothing changed.

I have the country code right and I did not have any problem before with Virgin Mobile.

My phone is a Redmi Note7.

@Kleinangel   Maybe try the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account, select plans/add-ons tab, select phone lost tab, suspend service.  Log out and wait 5 mins. Log back into account and report phone found and resume service.  Restart your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kleinangel wrote:

Good evening,

I changed from Virgin to Public yesterday and myinternett, calls and Canadian text are working.

However I have been trying to send aninterntionall text and it is not going out. I turned off and on my phone but nothing changed.

My phone is aRedmiiNote77.

@Kleinangel  have you tried a soft reset? Turn your phone off for at least 30 seconds and Turn it back on? Thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Is it one number or multiple numbers?

Can you receive texts from them?

Need Help? Let's chat.