cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International SMS and SMS

alicherise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had zero issues then suddenly last night I cannot send international texts. I receive a Telus error 38 code. Sending SMS to my sister or daughter who live in the same city as I do and it will take 5-7 mins to send one then the next SMS sends immediately. This morning still the same situation. I have removed my SIM, restarted my phone and checked my network input. Everything seems ok. I have had the same phone number with Public Mobile for over a year and same SIM. Changed my phone one week ago. I don't know what to do at this point. My international texts are being sent to the USA. 

5 REPLIES 5

aneeshbansal

I had the same issue, even calls were failing.

took the sim out and restarted the phone, everything came back and started working.

1st time it happened in 2 months, lets hope for the best

alicherise

I did a force stop on my message app. Uninstalled the messages app and  reinstalled it and it is working now. I'll leave this here in case anyone else comes across these kind of issues. I also went into app permissions and checked those out to make sure everything was on. (Thru settings then apps) 

SMS is now working as is international SMS 

alicherise

As I stated before I have restarted my phone and removed my SIM. I have restarted my phone three times since last night. It does not help. I wish it was that simple. I am receiving a Telus error 38 message after I try to send a text message to the USA and it does not send the text message.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Try restarting phone, firstly. Let us know if this helps.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.