cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent lost of network service.

ct23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public mobile for two months, only recently I have realized sometimes I am not able to receive incoming calls. My phone will show full bars of reception, but my husband will try to call me and will direct him straight to voice mail. It feels like there are pockets of area that I am not able to receive incoming calls. I am little freak out out now, my little one has medical emergency, I am always paranoid that I am not able to receive call if anything happen to him at school. I have no way of knowing as the phone show full bars of reception. Any insights anyone? I am currently using galaxy S6, it has never happened before while I was with Rogers prior changing to public mobile, and I always thought Telus tower are way better than Rogers. Please help. Any insights will be much appreciate! Have it happen to anyone? Common problem? TIA!

9 REPLIES 9

In that case I would suspect VoLTE problems or a unique issue with your phone. Try the swap with your husband's phone first and see what happens.

ct23

It can happen at any where in the city. I am located at Markham. My basement for sure, however, I can be upstairs and my husband will try to call me and it won't get through. Even outdoor outside a restruant. Or inside freshco. However, my phone always show full bar of reception. I often try to call myself "just to make sure" I can get call from other people. I really hope is just my phone. Maybe I shall switch phone with my husband just to make sure is my phone and not the network .

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ct23

This is very unusual. Are you able to reproduce the problem in a specific location? That would help a lot. Also, what city are you in? I think @mimmo has provided one possible explanation, especially if you're in a building that has LTE repeaters, but relies on outdoor 3G antennas.

Another possibility is VoLTE might be having some issues. If you're using it, try disabling it (or just disable LTE entirely) at the problematic location and test again.

zlatanlex

Visit following great solver as https://www.google.com/

Veder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Reception with Public Mobile has been great for 2 years for me.

Hopefully not, but could it be a phone fault? Even dropping a phone can cause it. When I worked in phone support 80% of the time a master reset could solve silly issues and I would always recommend it when you're trying to troubleshoot a problem.

Maybe test it with another network and if its still under manufacturing warranty you could always go that way.

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Very unusual. At least with PM. I have never faced this problem in the last 2 yrs with PM

I used to face this problem a lot long back with Wind mobile.

Have you observed if you were in the basement during this time period when you miss these calls?

Maybe remove the sim card, switch off the phone completely and start it again.

Hope mods or other members can offer better insight.

Intermittent problems are usually the most difficult to diagnose.

There is no 100% perfect network.  The area that you are in could be bad for network coverage.  In addition, the antenna in your device hardware might not be acting up to spec..  And even if there are not problems in your area with the network or with your phone device, calls going to straight to voicemail are still going to happen some of the time.  This could also happen if someone tries to call you at the same time as you trying to connect an outgoing call.

If possible, you'll may wish to you borrow someone else's Public Mobile sim card in your phone to see if that makes any difference.  Making a temporary swap with a family member for a few days might help you to compare.  You could also try a different carrier's sim card in your phone to see if that network works better in your area. 

Fortunately for Public Mobile customers, Telus's network is generally very good.  This is in contrast to the Freedom Mobile network that has constant problems acrosss the board with many calls going directly to voicemail (likely because of a problem with the way they have configured their LTE network). 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I could be wrong but maybe try switching from  LTE data (use 3g).  

Voice and data use different frequencies and your phone might be showing LTE strength and the 3g might be different.

Again I could be completely off base but just a thought.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Both Rogers and bellus have coverage holes here and there.  No network is 100% perfect everywhere.  You mention that with good reception, calls are going to voicemail. That is unusual.  If you have a different phone, try using it to see if the problem is repeatable.  

Need Help? Let's chat.