cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent SMS

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

An iphone 7 on our account has had intermittent trouble the last couple of months sending SMS.  Sometimes she gets "can't send".  Retry is sometimes successful.  

I know there could be several causes - just wondering if some recent PM change might have occurred and is affecting this.  As far as I know, 3 other phones on our account are not having issues (except to say, it's possible I might also have more "can't sends" lately too, but if so not enough to make me wonder about it).

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood  Intermitent problem is harsest to solve. It could be weak signal. It could be software issue. You'll need repeat the problem. Keep trying the other phones and try your sim in another phone to see if there's a difference.

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

2 of the phones on the account are iphone 7, the other two are androids.  I know that some of the issues are between one of the iphones and one of the androids, I've not heard of there being other issues from the other phones.  I don't think it's an imessage or data problem because it's intermittent.  Maybe it's nothing more than bad reception.  I'll keep investigating.

Thanks for your help.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood wrote:

An iphone 7 on our account has had intermittent trouble the last couple of months sending SMS.  Sometimes she gets "can't send".  Retry is sometimes successful.  

I know there could be several causes - just wondering if some recent PM change might have occurred and is affecting this.  As far as I know, 3 other phones on our account are not having issues (except to say, it's possible I might also have more "can't sends" lately too, but if so not enough to make me wonder about it).

@ReillyWood Other 3 phones are also IPhones? For iMessage, data or wifi is required. Maybe, when you try to sent sms, you don't have data on your account or wifi is not connected?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@ReillyWood With an iphone, I'd look into imessage on both phones first. Leave your data on or disable imessage and see if this changes your fortunes.

If one phone is iphone and one is android, disable imessage for sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.