cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Phone Service

AngelAyla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently signed up for PM (Dec 2nd). At first my service was working fine for a couple days. Then it switched to emergency calls only for 2 and a half days. The service went back on by itself for a couple days then back off for another couple days. I can't use my phone when I need to because the service is constantly turning off.

I've tried removing SIM/rebooting my phone repeatedly. I've checked the AP to make sure it matches, I have it set to connect automatically. I've set my phone to 3G. Nothing I do keeps the service from turning off after a couple days.

Also now I can't see my plan details as it keeps telling me there's an error and to log out and back in.

I'm using an OPPO Find 7 (International)

IMEI is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Any  help would be appreciated.

edited by computergeek541

7 REPLIES 7

AngelAyla

Am in Ontario. The phone was purchased in Scotland. The moderator that did PM me back says the phone I'm using is compatible.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AngelAyla, the Oppo Find 7 has very few compatible LTE bands, only band 7 (2600 Mhz) which is not that popular.  It does have 850/1900 Mhz on 3G.  This could explain some of your problems.  What part of the country are you in?  BTW, I ran the US model on this service for quite a while.  I was pretty much on band 4 LTE all the time.

https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_find_7-6214.php

AngelAyla

I will try that. Thank you for your help.

@AngelAyla wrote:

I don't own any other phones or have access to any others that I can test the SIM card in, unfortunately. I checked the AP settings as I was advised to by a friend that is also signed up with PM.

@AngelAyla  APN settings are only applicable to data/mms, intermittent connectivity to Public's network is a different problem. If you don't have another phone submit a ticket to PM for help.

stpm-new.png

AngelAyla

I don't own any other phones or have access to any others that I can test the SIM card in, unfortunately. I checked the AP settings as I was advised to by a friend that is also signed up with PM.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AngelAyla  Do you have access to another phone to test your PM sim in? If yes, and the signal is fine then it's more than likely a hardware issue with your phone.

@AngelAyla 

If your phone is showing a message of emergency calls only, there'a no need no check access point settings. Those settings are only for data use.

Intermitent problems can be the hardest to diagnose. Can you try you sim card in a different phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.