cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming text message notifications

allimmiller1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can receive text messages but I do not get the notifications (sound or banner) on my screen. 

9 REPLIES 9

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just saw this now! Yay! I'm glad it worked. 🙂

lat34hat34

My suggestion then would be to message @CS_Agent with your SIM card number and other Public Mobile information. They take maybe a day or two to reply back but they'll definitely help you out with this. 🙂

allimmiller1

.... Restarting worked! Thank you!

allimmiller1

The setting is turned on. Notifications are all set to show banner, chime, etc. This only happened when I moved carriers. 

lat34hat34

Try restarting your phone. If it's an iPhone, you can try going to Settings, then Notifications and scroll down to Messages and check your notification settings. Make sure Do Not Disturb is not turned on.

If your phone isn't an iPhone, I would say try going to your settings first to check your notification settings and then maybe restart your phone as a precautionary measure. 🙂

Wongster94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Depending on your phone model, you can go into settings and generally turn it on.

For iPhones, 1) settings -> notifications -> show previews OR 2) settings -> messages -> MMS messaging...depending on what you're specifically looking for.

Theknight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

go to the settings of messages in your phone and change to whatever option you want . It’s related to the phone settings only.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@allimmiller1 errrr, not sure what this has to do with Public Mobile?  But I'm sure someone here will try to help...but you're going to have to give us a bit more info.  Like, phone brand and model for example?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@allimmiller1 wrote:

I can receive text messages but I do not get the notifications (sound or banner) on my screen. 

go into settings and turn it on.

Need Help? Let's chat.