cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls/texts not being received

ktbdodd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had my phone set up a week ago and appeared to be working fine but I cannot receive incoming calls and texts now it appears. How can I fix this? Is there a way to talk to someone who can fix this for me?

9 REPLIES 9

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ktbdodd wrote:

Thanks for the info. My phone is a Samsung galaxy s8. Joined public mobile a week ago. Am still receiving some texts but not all it seems and when I a trying to verify things via texts it says number not verified. I'm not sure about phone calls as I havent received one since moving to public but I've had noone who would be calling me in that time. Someone tried to call me today and said they couldnt get through. 

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. 

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.

I think your port is struck.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

If your old SIM card is still working, continue to use your old SIM until it stop working which is the indication that your port is completed.  Start using your PM SIM card.

@ktbdodd wrote:

Thanks for the info. My phone is a Samsung galaxy s8. Joined public mobile a week ago. Am still receiving some texts but not all it seems and when I a trying to verify things via texts it says number not verified. I'm not sure about phone calls as I havent received one since moving to public but I've had noone who would be calling me in that time. Someone tried to call me today and said they couldnt get through. 

Did you port? The incoming texts could be from only Telus customers. Incoming calls could be going to old carrier. If you ported, put your old sim back in and test if it still works.

ktbdodd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ktbdodd wrote:

I had my phone set up a week ago and appeared to be working fine but I cannot receive incoming calls and texts now it appears. How can I fix this? Is there a way to talk to someone who can fix this for me?

Did you port your number to PM a week ago?

If yes, your port may be stuck.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ktbdodd  If you ported your number from another provider when you activated your PM sim card it appears the port got stuck. You need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to investigate by doing the following:

stpm-new.png

@ktbdodd wrote:

When you say that you cannot receive incoming calls and texts now, did those two things ever work since joing?  And did you request to port in a phone number?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Does the phone say you are connected to Public Mobile? You could also try removing and putting the sim card in again. If you have a dual sim phone try the 2nd slot. Sometimes they get in a funny spot I've had this happen twice with 2 different phones LG and Asus.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ktbdodd wrote:

Other than the Community Forum or Simple Simon and the Moderators...there is no Call Center for support. The Forum members will usually be able to help for most non-account related issues you may encounter.

Did your talk/text/data work last week ? Have you tried suggestion to cycle phone off/on ? What kind of phone ?

Keep us posted until your get resolution.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ktbdodd 

Have you tried rebooting phone?  Maybe network rest?  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Which plan are you on?  Which model phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.