cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect

Hi,

 

I've been having a problem with receiving calls from eBay Customer Service 1-866-540-3229.   Its being going on for a year or more, but since I don't use them much I didn't think much of it and assumed it was a problem on eBay's end, but after talking to eBay about this they weren't aware of any other complaints of this problem, so now I'm wondering if its a problem with my service?

 

When the call comes in I attempt to answer it but hear nothing for about 10 seconds and then the phone gives the sound that indicates the call disconnected.   Shortly after I'll have a voicemail from eBay so it seems this call is going to voice mail.     I've tried my SIM in two different phones (Samsung S7 edge and Samsung S9+) and the results are same.   I'm tried booting the phone up in "safe mode" and this also makes no difference.   This is the only phone number I know of with this problem... is there anything that can be done to investigate?

 

Thanks!

 

Karl

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect


@kwarwick43 wrote:

Hi,

 

I've been having a problem with receiving calls from eBay Customer Service 1-866-540-3229.   Its being going on for a year or more, but since I don't use them much I didn't think much of it and assumed it was a problem on eBay's end, but after talking to eBay about this they weren't aware of any other complaints of this problem, so now I'm wondering if its a problem with my service?

 

When the call comes in I attempt to answer it but hear nothing for about 10 seconds and then the phone gives the sound that indicates the call disconnected.   Shortly after I'll have a voicemail from eBay so it seems this call is going to voice mail.     I've tried my SIM in two different phones (Samsung S7 edge and Samsung S9+) and the results are same.   I'm tried booting the phone up in "safe mode" and this also makes no difference.   This is the only phone number I know of with this problem... is there anything that can be done to investigate?

 

Thanks!

 

Karl


@kwarwick43  Did you port your number from another provider or are you using a PM number?

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect

you need to contact MOD

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect


@geopublic wrote:

@kwarwick43 wrote:

Hi,

 

I've been having a problem with receiving calls from eBay Customer Service 1-866-540-3229.   Its being going on for a year or more, but since I don't use them much I didn't think much of it and assumed it was a problem on eBay's end, but after talking to eBay about this they weren't aware of any other complaints of this problem, so now I'm wondering if its a problem with my service?

 

When the call comes in I attempt to answer it but hear nothing for about 10 seconds and then the phone gives the sound that indicates the call disconnected.   Shortly after I'll have a voicemail from eBay so it seems this call is going to voice mail.     I've tried my SIM in two different phones (Samsung S7 edge and Samsung S9+) and the results are same.   I'm tried booting the phone up in "safe mode" and this also makes no difference.   This is the only phone number I know of with this problem... is there anything that can be done to investigate?

 

Thanks!

 

Karl


@kwarwick43  Did you port your number from another provider or are you using a PM number?


Ported from another provider, Virgin Mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect

@kwarwick43  From the description of the problem and since the problem persists across different devices it leads me to believe that the problem could be your number or your sim. Do you remember if this was still an issue when you were with Virgin?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect


@geopublic wrote:

@kwarwick43  From the description of the problem and since the problem persists across different devices it leads me to believe that the problem could be your number or your sim. Do you remember if this was still an issue when you were with Virgin?


I only started using the feature which brought this issue to light (you can request eBay calls you) maybe in the last year so and I've been with PM for a little over 2 years.   Interestingly I can call that same phone number with without difficulty, so its appears to be only an issue with receiving calls.

 

I've sent a private message to the moderator team as suggested, so hopefully they can shed some light on this.

 

Thanks for the replies!

 

Karl

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect

@kwarwick43  Please keep us posted.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect

I actually have the exact same issue as you. I have no suggestions, but just wanted to let you know that at least you are not alone. No port for me, I started with PM.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect


@Psygineer wrote:

I actually have the exact same issue as you. I have no suggestions, but just wanted to let you know that at least you are not alone. No port for me, I started with PM.


That's good to hear!  Did you try engaging the moderators to investigate?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Incoming calls from eBay Customer Service failing to connect

There is an option to send the call from a contact directly to voicemail. Check your contacts and see if that's set.

 

GC