cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calls on Galaxy S6

ericindia19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community,

I wish to know if  you guys are getting the incoming calls from an unsaved number as +1(Area code)(number) format?

Interestingly, I'm receiving all the calls as 1(area code)(number) as in like a 11 digit format. I don't know if this is the norm with PM. I used Fido SIM and Freedom SIM wherein all incoming calls used to show up as +1(Area code)(number). I'm clueless if this is a mobile issue or service provider issue, because I didn't change any settings. I'm using Galaxy S6 and if any Galaxy users or Android users please advice if there is any setting that will get back the "+" in front or just show up as (Area Code)(Number) format.

P.S I cleared phone cache subsequently reset my settings/ tried with a new SIM/ even contacted the tech support..nothing worked out..

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

ericindia19

Thanks a lot for the idea @TheGx I'll give it a try.

ericindia19

Haha!! I sort of expected this answer @sheytoon You weren't the 1st person to say this. All I can say is that it is just a personal preference..😉

haha..i did a Google search, someone did ask same question in the Apple Forum.. so, apparently someone do cares.. LoL...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @sheytoon ! I read that post thinking...who cares?! (other than the OP 🙂 )

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Why does this matter? It's not an issue at all for North American Numbering Plan (NANP) numbers. The only time you need to use the plus sign is when dialing internationally to a country code that is different from your current location.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ericindia19 :I think it depends entirely on the app you using as your default dialer on your phone. For example, when I use a free app called Fongo to review call history it never had +1 or 1 just the area code and number, but when use this phone default app or when I use another free and open source dialer app called Simple Dialer downloaded from F-Droid - all call history is displayed +1.

ericindia19

@HALIMACS It's interesting you say this because most people I spoke to including the tech support staff said the same thing. In my case I find it weird because Fido and Freedom used to be in the +1(Area code)(Number) format. With regards to PM, all numbers including Saved numbers and US numbers show up in the 11 digit format giving me a hard time to differentiate regular calls and robo calls..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ericindia19 

Don't all calls show up this way when from unsaved contact?

I wonder if has anything to do with PM's move from Canada-wide to Provincial-wide calling plans... gonna have to await more user experiences on this.

Need Help? Let's chat.