cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calls, Numbers not Displayed - Noted as Unknown Numbers

junwang80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I have Mi phone 1, an Android phone, and my incoming calls are not shown on display. Please help. I do not know how to activate call display. I read that only the MODS could activate it. 

10 REPLIES 10

There is actually some old codes you can dial in the GSM standard to show or prevent incoming numbers from being shown. Normally noone would want to do this:

Do not display: #30#
Display: *30#

On my current android phone only the *#30# status option works - and returns "Incoming caller ID Service was Enabled." Maybe try dialing that to confirm you see the same? If not, try the SIM in another phone. If still no incoming caller ID in another phone, contact the moderators - maybe some kind of account reset would help...

@junwang80 wrote:

Hello, 

I have Mi phone 1, an Android phone, and my incoming calls are not shown on display. Please help. I do not know how to activate call display. I read that only the MODS could activate it. 

I woulndn't say that is a matter of the moderators activating call display, but rather fixing the function for your account. Call display is included on all call plans at Public Mobile and I know of no way of having it disabled, even by request.

Phone companies long had a tradition of charging extra for call display service on some price plans. The saying is how phone companies had to actually manually disabled the service when a customer didn't want to pay for it and that it costed more to turn the feature off than it would to give it to the customer for free.

@gblackma wrote:

@junwang80 for an Android phone https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-incoming-call-not-showing-screen/

For an iPhone try resetting your network settings

• Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  • This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings you’ve used before.

In both cases restart your phone. Stay safe. 

The settings related to call display on a cell phone are usually related to outgoing calls. With the exception of reprogramming the phone's software or using a custom ROM with it disabled, I would wager that there isnt' any way for the user to accidently turn off incoming call display.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@junwang80 

There maybe some setting interfering with your display of numbers on your phone.

Try to find some setting for this on your phone.  There might be some sort of software on your Mi phone attempting to find the name of the caller.  

1. Go to settings ->System apps.
  2. tap on Phone.
  3. tap on Identify unknown numbers.
  4. Toggle ON or OFF Caller ID.  
  5. Restart the phone
  6. Test by getting someone to call you 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@junwang80 I think the problem has something to do with your phone being of Asian descent and it's phone dial app not being compatible in North america. try downloading Google's phone dialer app and and restart your phone. then get 1 of your family/friends to call you to see if it shows the number.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@junwang80 If a person who calls you decided to hide his/her number, you can't see it unfortunately. For some people, it will show the number, and for some, even full name. Depends on the caller's setting, but not yours settings.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@junwang80 for an Android phone https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-incoming-call-not-showing-screen/

For an iPhone try resetting your network settings

• Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  • This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings you’ve used before.

In both cases restart your phone. Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@junwang80 , this service will only display the phone number of the incoming caller provided that they don't block this from happening at their end.  If that number happens to be in your contact list, you will see the name of that contact.  Are your incoming calls not showing a phone number?  Anyway, the moderators cannot do anything about this.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@junwang80 

You can click the bottom bubble in the right hand corner and ask about call diaplay or contact a human through that. Also check the settings on your phone to make sure you have call diaplay set as well

. The Public Mobile Moderator Team
If the Community is stumped by your question or if you have an account specific issue, then it’s time to contact our super-knowledgeable Moderator Team.
Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:
Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click to get started.
Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking . You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.