cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Call goes directly to Voice Mail

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been sitting with my phone beside me today and keep getting VM from incoming calls. My phone did not ring at all and I checked that it rings when I call from my house phone. Any ideas why it does that? It doesn't happen all the time but today was frustrating.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Arilynne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to try your idea, but I don't know my "VoicemailNumber".  Can someone please tell me where to find this?  Thanks!

@NewZQ wrote:

**61*+1VoicemailNumber*11*30#

To increase your chances of getting the call. It could help.

@Sarlye wrote:

I am using an old iPhone 4S, so maybe the phone is just too old. I will restart is and see if it helps. Today, it rang properly..

Thanks for the response.

I tried my PM sim in my old 4s and it worked fine so I do not think that is the issue.

Sarlye

I am using an old iPhone 4S, so maybe the phone is just too old. I will restart is and see if it helps. Today, it rang properly..

Thanks for the response.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Calls going to voice mail can be due to 2 things, weak signal resulting is spurious network disconnects and call forwarding.  Apart from checking whether the phone is disconnecting from the network, check also to make sure the calls are not forwarded to voice mail unconditionally. 

NewZQ

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NewZQ what does this do? 

@NewZQ wrote:

It's a GSM feature code for extending the ring time to 30 seconds before it drops to VM.

That's what I thought but not sure how that would help if the phone didn't ring

Well sometimes it may takes longer before the phone start ringing if the connection is bad... but yeah

How strong is the signal in your house ?

You could redirect your phone number instead of going to voicemail, to forward it to Fongo or to your landline phone when phone connection not available. (on wifi when you are at home)

It is not a real solution but another ideea except switching carrier (except Koodo or Telus) I do not know if your phone supports B2 and B5 (bands). 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@NewZQ wrote:

It's a GSM feature code for extending the ring time to 30 seconds before it drops to VM.

That's what I thought but not sure how that would help if the phone didn't ring

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@NewZQ wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NewZQ wrote:

NewZQ

wilts

I have had the same problem with my iphone.  In some areas in my home it is perfect.  Others not. Check the signal strength.  Restarting the phone sometimes helps.  Now my office is on the main floor I have had no issues.  May be a location thing.  Try a reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.