cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported phone number from speakout does not work

sweeterhome
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I imported my speakout phone number with this new plan with public mobile. But now I can only make outgoing calls and get messages but cannot get incoming calls. My plan with speakout did expire 2 days ago, but they will keep your number for some time I know. So it shows successful importation. I've waited over 2 hours since activated my public sim card. Anybody knows why?

8 REPLIES 8

totaltw

When porting a number from another carrier, the old account must remain active during the port process in order to properly port the number. How this helps

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

After logging in to Self Serve, you can change your number or reactivate your SO account in order to port your old number to PM.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sweeterhome wrote:

Thank you. I guess I have to choose a new number now. Speakout wouldn't give me my number even if it is not expired. The rep said my air time is expired but not my number. I need to top up another $25 just to have the number which I won't do. I had enough with speakout.

Login to your self-server account and click on the "Change Number" link to get a number from PM.

OR select

[Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Select a new phone number]

sweeterhome

Thank you. I guess I have to choose a new number now. Speakout wouldn't give me my number even if it is not expired. The rep said my air time is expired but not my number. I need to top up another $25 just to have the number which I won't do. I had enough with speakout.

popping

SO = Speakout

sweeterhome

Thanks for the reply. What is SO?

popping

@sweeterhome 

Do you see your SO number on your "Plan and Add-ons" page?

If yes, you need to wait for SO to release your number to PM.  

But SO may not release your number which was expired tow days ago.  You may need to add $25 topup before they release your number.

Also check my post on how I port my SO number in 4 hours without moderator help.

Did you provide the SO info which I provided to port my number.

If not, create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sweeterhome wrote:

I imported my speakout phone number with this new plan with public mobile. But now I can only make outgoing calls and get messages but cannot get incoming calls. My plan with speakout did expire 2 days ago, but they will keep your number for some time I know. So it shows successful importation. I've waited over 2 hours since activated my public sim card. Anybody knows why?

@sweeterhome  An account must be active in order for a port to br successful otherwise Speakout will not release the number to PM. Your choices are reactivate your Speakout account or pick a new number.

Need Help? Let's chat.