cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessaging and FaceTime will not activate with phone number

jdb5624
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

iMessage and FaceTime not activating. Need the ticket from public to go through so it can activate. I called apple and they said it was a carrier issue and not an apple issue. 

Public Mobile please put the ticket through to activate iMessage and FaceTime 

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Okay, so have you sent a private message to the moderator_team yet, @jdb5624 ?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jdb5624

we have reset and wiped the phone 2x nothing solves this problem. 

srlawren

@jdb5624 wrote:

So it’s not my phone it’s not my Sim card it’s something on your end could you just figured out 

@jdb5624 just to clarify, everyone you've been interacting with so far in this thread have been customers, like yourself.  We don't have an end per se, and there's nothing any of us can do to work it out if it there is in fact a service issue.

If you really do think it's something at Public Mobile's end, then please follow the information I already gave you to engage the appropriate Public Mobile support staff to assist you:

@srlawren wrote:

@jdb5624 did you already reach out to the moderator team via private message to open the ticket for you?  If not, you can read how to do that here:  How to Get Help - Community

On the other hand, I would strongly encourage you to read the two links that @CalgaryBen provided you and try the troubleshooting steps he suggested.  Like me, he's also just a customer like yourself; however, Ben has proven himself to be an incredibly knowledgeable and helpful person when it comes to anyting related to an iPhone or iPad.  I would refer my own mother to him for help if she had any iDevices and was having issues--that's how much faith I have in his expertise in all iThings.  Give it a shot.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jdb5624 wrote:

It is not my phone I called Apple they went through all that those steps and I took my mom some card out of her phone and put it in my phone and I messaging work and she’s is with public mobile to.  And it’s not my SIM card because Apple told me it might be so I spent $10 on a new Sim card and still doesn’t work. 

As much as an Apple employee/support person "seems" like an authoritative answer, there are many things that they are wrong on, and this seems like one of those.  Any references to having the carrier put through a ticket to fix this are generally on the wrong track.

Please see if either this post or this post are helpful... they go into some troubleshooting.

Failing that, I'd highly recommend backing up your iPhone (to iCloud or iTunes), and then doing a complete wipe (Settings --> General --> Reset --> Erase All Content and Settings).  Once complete, go through usual set-up, and then log in with Apple ID and activate iMessage and FaceTime.  Once those are working, restore iPhone from backup.  It's extreme, but likely to work.

jdb5624

Why would there be a problem with my phone if I messaging works with my mom sim card in my phone.  Imessaging is no longer working with my old phone because I put the Sim card back in to my old phone and now  it says an error occurred during activation please try again. So it’s not my phone it’s not my Sim card it’s something on your end could you just figured out 

srlawren

@jdb5624 you're presenting contradictory facts.  The fact that your mother's SIM card worked fine in your phone, which suggested your phone is fine and your account has an issue; but then you also said iMessage worked fine with your account and your phone until such time as you updated iMessage, which indicates the problem is with your phone and not your account.

Honestly, I'm at a loss for suggestions.  I'm going to tag @CalgaryBen to see if he has any thoughts.  Please and thank you good sir.

jdb5624

It is not my phone I called Apple they went through all that those steps and I took my mom some card out of her phone and put it in my phone and I messaging work and she’s is with public mobile to.  And it’s not my SIM card because Apple told me it might be so I spent $10 on a new Sim card and still doesn’t work. 

srlawren

@jdb5624 wrote:

I’ve been with public mobile for about a year and a couple months. Before I upgraded phones I messaging like working perfect  and now it’s not. 

@jdb5624 oh, so it's not likely to be account related.  You need to troubleshoot your iMessage.  

Maybe start here?

https://www.imobie.com/support/how-to-fix-message-and-imessage-problems-on-iphone-ipad.htm

https://appletoolbox.com/2018/08/imessage-not-working-ios-12-fix-message-app-problems/

https://www.fonedog.com/ios-system-recovery/fix-several-iMessage-issues-iOS10.html

jdb5624

I’ve been with public mobile for about a year and a couple months. Before I upgraded phones I messaging like working perfect  and now it’s not. 

srlawren

@jdb5624 wrote:

It’s been a week + and it hasn’t been working yet 

@jdb5624 did you already reach out to the moderator team via private message to open the ticket for you?  If not, you can read how to do that here:  How to Get Help - Community

jdb5624

It’s been a week + and it hasn’t been working yet 

jdb5624

Can you guys just allow  I messaging and FaceTime then problem would be solved it be really helpful if you do that.

@emad wrote:

It could take up to two days to activate iMessage and FaceTime for a new phone number.

Is your phone number new or ported from another provider?

Never in my experience; max 1 hour after turning both OFF then ON to activate a new number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It could take up to two days to activate iMessage and FaceTime for a new phone number.

Is your phone number new or ported from another provider?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jdb5624 If you cannot make calls/texts or use data, your PM SIM is not yet active. What message do you see when rebooting the phone with the PM SIM installed? What model do you have?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jdb5624 wrote:

iMessage and FaceTime not activating. Need the ticket from public to go through so it can activate. I called apple and they said it was a carrier issue and not an apple issue. 

What plan are you on?  Those features would require data, do you have data in  your plan?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jdb5624 wrote:

There was another post where it resolved itself after 2 days "to put the ticket through"

This was the resolution on that thread:

Issue is resolved. It was a carrier issue, it takes a day or two for the carrier to register the new phone ticket.

How long have you been on the Public Mobile network?

Need Help? Let's chat.