cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage Issues on an Apple 5s

tamtower
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello;

I just got Public mobile about a month ago and switched to my old apple phone. I need to have imessage working, but so far it will say waiting for activation, then activation unsuccessful. 

So far I have:

-Updated my phone

-reset network connections

-restarted phone and waited 5 min before turning on imessage

-signed out of apple account and back in

-checked that my date and time is correct

-popped out SIM and put back in

I have seen somewhere that you might need a ticket from PM for Imessage to work? How does one get that? Or are there any other ideas that might work? Thanks for any and all help!!

9 REPLIES 9

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try going to Settings > Profile and delete the old carrier profile(s) there. 

@tamtower wrote:

Yes, as I mentioned in the original post I did ensure those two things. I do know about the 24 hrs,but here it is saying it is unsuccessful, not "waiting for activation". So I am not too sure what is happening. In March I used the same phone in Europe with a European SIM card, and there were no issues with imessenger, and it connected immediately. I have also left the phone on all day and it still hasnt connected, just again states unsuccessful 

While waiting for moderator assistance...make sure your data is toggled ON.

It's a longshot but try toggling to Airplane mode for a couple minutes...then toggle it off Airplane mode. Reboot phone.

In Settings / Messages...make certain that iMessage is toggled ON.

Let us know whenever you do get it working...good luck.

@tamtower I think using your phone with a  Europe sim had caused some conflicts within the software.. you might have to do a factory reset. backup all your important files

tamtower

Yes, as I mentioned in the original post I did ensure those two things. I do know about the 24 hrs,but here it is saying it is unsuccessful, not "waiting for activation". So I am not too sure what is happening. In March I used the same phone in Europe with a European SIM card, and there were no issues with imessenger, and it connected immediately. I have also left the phone on all day and it still hasnt connected, just again states unsuccessful 

@tamtower 

iMessage can take up to 24 hours to activate, according to Apple.

Also ensure your time zone is correct on the phone. Another thing to check is to ensure you have the phone updated with the most recent updates. Connect phone to iTunes see if it pushes any updates.

@tamtower 

If your data connection is working (iMessage requires an internet connection), I believe this is unlikely to be a Public Mobile issue.

I suspect that you might have been reading information about customers with some very old plans. Some old plans that only included domestic test messaging could not complete the iMessage activation process because the procedure required a text message to be sent to a number that Public Mobilen considered to be international. This wouldn't apply to you.

I suspect that iMessage may first need to be  disassociated from your previous device.  If all else fails, iMessage can be disabled.

tamtower

Yes, those are working fine, just imessage wont activate

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@tamtower you can contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tamtower everthing else including sms and mms messaging is working properly? Thanks. 

Here's  what Apple support has to say on the matter https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201422

Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.