Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone 12 Pro

Pattypardy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does IPhone 12 Pro work with Public Mobile 

7 REPLIES 7

Generally, iPhone will work on PM

Generally, any phone designed for North America (North American version) and selling in Canada will work on PM

The questionable phones are those that are non-North American version and phones that designed for regional markets.  Those phone might not work at all or even it works, it has less matching bands PM uses and hence the reception can be awful in areas.

Stolen phones are more common that we thought.  Just be careful

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB 

for "blacklisted" is stolen device like 1% you will found it and i don't think so the will sell you know
and for the "blacklisted" device is can use by only wifi is will working but not put it any SIM card.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

Good points!  That crossed my mind as well but is still something that reduces the mobility of transferring SIM cards around.  From what I recall, Canada has also never had an issue with SIM-locked phone so I didn't mention that.  Perhaps I should have mentioned "blacklisted" phones as well, but generally shouldn't work on any provider (as opposed to being able to be transferrable with Public Mobile).  Regardless, good points for added info for any future readers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB @Pattypardy 

just to you know

Canadians have the right to buy wireless devices like a smartphone without being locked to a service provider's network. All phones sold in Canada since December 2017 are already unlocked. Older devices can be unlocked by the wireless carrier at no cost to the customer.

and if you buy it from any retail store like apple all device is be unlocked. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pattypardy 

Yes, the iPhone 12 will work with Public Mobile as others have mentioned.

Most recent/modern phones will work fine with Public Mobile... these days they take SIM cards which allows you to move your service between phones at your convenience.  The biggest question is usually about whether the phone is Locked or not, and what frequencies the phone works on.  Generally, frequencies aren't an issue, but feel free to check in with us if you're ever curious about this (just like you did here).  🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Pattypardy   Yes, it will.  No worry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pattypardy 

Yes is will working 100%

Need Help? Let's chat.