cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI not found.

Henk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have purchased a STK LIFE 8 dual sim phone. By checking if compatible with Public Mobile I got "not found".

According to the specs it has the right frequenties HSDPA 850 900 1900 2100 HSPA+, LTE 800 850 1800 2100 2600 . 

Imei +++++++ and +++++++++

Can I use this phone with public Mobile ?

12 REPLIES 12

vondes

Can we found it in the https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on Android?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Henk sounds like you may have had an activation glitch.  Please reach out to the Public Mobile Moderator Team (PM support employees) for help.  Here's all the details:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Henk

I received the SIM card and inserted and activated . Recognize the network Public Mobile 4G but cannot register on Public mobile and keep on trying. Says all the time try again later .  It says that the network is available but cannot register. What can I do now ?

Henk

Thank for the tips. Was a great help , the valley where I live has close by 2 towers of Telus with the frequenties  that the phone has for LTE and another tower for the LTE and G3.

Henk

Thanks for your answer , I am satisfied with a 3G connection. I don't use much data. Voice and text are suficient.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HenkEdit your post and replace some of the IMEI digits with *.

Reason I say this is that it is easy to clone IMEI numbers and devious people are always looking for legit IMEI numbers to use.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

On the other hand, HSPA+ data is actually reasonably quick (PM's throttled "3G" data plans not-withstanding).  So, maybe it's fine as long as you don't need the absolute fastest data possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yup, as mentioned... Only having one compatible LTE band means you may struggle in some areas to get LTE data connectivity. You can check the cell tower map and have a look at Bell and Telus towers in your area (Bell and Telus share towers these days), click on individual towers to see if they have 2600 MHz coverage or not.  I know that Bell has *greatly* expanded their 2600MHz rollout over the last year and a half or so.  When I first signed up with PM back in October 2016 they had almost none in my area in Oakville, now they have a bunch.

Note as well that 2600 MHz also doesn't have as good in-building penetration either.

pakmode

wrote:

This is an obscure brand that was not designed for use in North America.  The phone is fine on 3G, but compatibility on LTE is limited.  Band 7 (2600 Mhz) is supported but I don't believe this band is found on that many towers.  Usually Band 4 is the most popular. 

I completely agree with @will13am

OP - if you can avoid this phone, do so.  Some things just aren't worth the hassle. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is an obscure brand that was not designed for use in North America.  The phone is fine on 3G, but compatibility on LTE is limited.  Band 7 (2600 Mhz) is supported but I don't believe this band is found on that many towers.  Usually Band 4 is the most popular. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Henk, the IMEI checker doesn't actually let you know if it is compatible with the network.  It only checks to see if the phone has been listed on the Blacklist for lost or stolen phones. As suggested try the willmyphonework link above.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

matbasm

Hi @Henk.  Did you check on https://willmyphonework.net?  Although it's not a guarantee, it usually gives some sort of indication.  After that, stand by.  There are several others here that are quite knowledgeable about compatibility.

Need Help? Let's chat.