cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was taken off IMEI blacklist after reported as a mistake. How long til service is back?

mattmacneil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

My phone was blacklisted because my IMEI was mistakenly reported by a family number who used the wrong iphone box when reporting their stolen phone Smiley Indifferent

Public Mobile said they'd removed my IMEI number from the blacklist about two days ago but my phone is still not activated. Do I just have to continue to wait? I've tried restarting to see if that will reactivate. Anything else I need to do?

3 REPLIES 3

@mattmacneil wrote:

My phone was blacklisted because my IMEI was mistakenly reported by a family number who used the wrong iphone box when reporting their stolen phone :

This is very surprising. The fact that someone can a phone blacklistedn ust because the IMEI is known is shocking.  I know that the family member made a mistake, but there are supposed to be safeguards in place such as the inability to blacklist the device unless it's being used on that same account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mattmacneil, if you made contact with the moderator team and they have agreed to get it done, there's nothing more that you can do.  I would assume they would be able to tell the how long it takes.  If they have not gotten back to you, then it is due to backlog which repeatedly is about 48 hours.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It usually takes 72 hours to be removed.

Need Help? Let's chat.