cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been told my phone would be unlocked on purchase but isn't, help?

MakeL0VENotW4R
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, so here goes. I've been a public mobile client since they opene store near my house it was good. Then the changes were announced and I had to buy a new phone, since I was going to be traveling soon I asked if my phone would be unlocked and I would be able to use it with foreign sim cards and the answer I got was yes (I got the Moto G 1st gen) so I happily stuck aroudn got a new phone. Until yesterday I arrived from the plane and try a sim card, woops! Unlock PIN required so the phone isn't unlocked I tried calling Telus they said sorry we are not affiliated with Public Mobile so here I am...

5 REPLIES 5

Rick
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

www.mobileincanada.com

This is a reputable site that will be able to unlock your phone for a reasonable cost.

Mat_F
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@MakeL0VENotW4R - @Martin is completely correct. I'm glad his solution helped. Let me know if there's anything else the Community can help with!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Have a good day, too!

MakeL0VENotW4R
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see well thanks for the help then, I'll go do that. Have a nice day!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi,

Unfortunately, the Public Mobile employee who sold the phone to you was mistaken. When you bought the phone, it was locked to Public Mobile.

Since you are a grandfathered customer, unless you switched to a new plan, you can call PM at *611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC from any phone. Unlocking through PM is $50. Alternatively, you can use cellunlocker.net that has a very good reputation. The company will charge just a few dollars, especially because Moto G phones are easy to unlock.

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.