cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to add a lock on my sim and it PUK locked

Deeschmizz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It tried to add a new sim lock code, asks for new lock code, repeat sim lock code, than asks for PUK... Than repeats. Please help I have no phone as of now.

Umidigi a5 pro

7 REPLIES 7

@Deeschmizz wrote:

Appreciate the reply, have already done this, just confirming this was my only option. Cheers.

@Deeschmizz Know it's a week late, but the alternative would be to get a new SIM and use the Replace my SIM function within your self serve account. No new PM SIMs require a PUK.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an explanation by one of the oracles Luddite.

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

@Deeschmizz  Take @gblackma  advice to read up on the PUK code. This is the last ditch fix...enter this code wrong too many times and you will have a very expensive paperweight. In this society striving to become a paperless one.....will make that last use obsolete. Best of luck!

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there @Deeschmizz. If you would like something to do, read up on the different type of puke codes and where to get jelp from https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Unlock-Nokia-lumia-830/m-p/486178/hig...

Deeschmizz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Appreciate the reply, have already done this, just confirming this was my only option. Cheers.

@Deeschmizz  Ok stop trying to fix it.....just Contact the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right corner of the screen to submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type account specific issue and then type human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. They should be in touch sometime after 8am et. Patience is a virtue.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Deeschmizz 

Exactly what message did you get? It sounds like you need the PUK code that only the moderators can give you.

Edit: I believe I just got ninja'd.....

Need Help? Let's chat.