cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to find my IMEI or serial number.

Gillian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lost my phone Thursday while grocery shopping. Searched high and low for it and alerted the store in case someone turned it in. I also filed a police report but was wondering if either my Serial # or IMEI # is logged somewhere with Public Mobile. I have suspended my service in the meantime and changed passwords for services I was using on the phone. Also the phone was password protected so no one should be able to use it. However, those two numbers may come in handy to identify the phone should someone try to hack into it (if that's possible) and sell it at a pawn shop. 

Could a mod please help?

9 REPLIES 9

xbiogeek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If public mobile isn't able to find it, possibly look in the original box of the phone. 

Hope you find it! 

@AngieCupello wrote:

dial *#06# on your phone and it brings up your IMEI

@AngieCupello  See post above yours.....

@AngieCupello wrote:

In the first sentence Gillian stated that the phone was lost and that's why this person wants to know how to get it. Dialing *#06# when the person has no access to the device isn't possible.

AngieCupello

@Triguy wrote:

You can find it by dialling *#06# on your phone to get your IMEI.

@Triguy Both the people in this thread (@Gillian and @barto) with the problem have lost their phone.....

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. Did you keep the original packaging by any chance?  IMEI is always, in my experience, on a sticker on the packaging.

2. Go the Google Account route as suggested above.

3. Open ticket with Public Mobile as suggested above.

@barto wrote:

Just ran across the same situation here for my daughter's phone - couldn't find anything but the last 4 digits of the SIM card number under "My Account" but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place(s).  Anyone know if it's possible to find the serial number through Public Mobile's records somewhere?

@Gillian 

@barto 

It's not shown anywhere in your Public Mobile account.  By any chance, is it running Android?  If it is, log into your Google account and it should show you a history of recent devices attached that have been attached to your Google account. From there, you should be able to remotely erase the user content of the device (except for maybe an unencrypted removeable memory card), and to lock the device from being able to be used.  Apple devices also have similar options within the iTunes account, although I'm not as famailar wit this.

You could to ask Public Mobile for the IMEI. That can be done by opening at ticket at https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .  While you're at it, you can also ask Public Mobile to disallow the device from being used on any Canadian cellular network.

barto

Just ran across the same situation here for my daughter's phone - couldn't find anything but the last 4 digits of the SIM card number under "My Account" but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place(s).  Anyone know if it's possible to find the serial number through Public Mobile's records somewhere?

Need Help? Let's chat.