cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need my PUK code

masoudbasiri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

My sim card is locked and asking for puk code. I didn't get any answer from the moderator!

Any idea?

14 REPLIES 14

womper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

network unlock code is the service it is locked too!!!  (call old company that locked the phone)

PUK code is the sim unlock code of the service you are trying to change it to ok. (call the new company)

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

phone locked - call the carrier it's locked with, and/or manufacturer

SIM locked - call/get the carrier the SIM is with., nothing to do with manufacturer.

Either way, nothing to do with the store. Even with big carriers such as Bell, the store doesn't help at all. You need to get in touch with the carrier over the phone anyway, the only differece is either you call or the store employee calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

Ah. Yes. The subject line.

I was meaning that some stores can apparently get help for a customer. But no not a PUK. I agree. Sorry to muddy the waters.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@aaronsanto wrote:

Please be patient once youve sent a request takes between 24 to 72 hours. If it doesnt come through get in touch with a moderator on the forum. If there isnt a response still best bet is to go back to the store and ask for assistanceSmiley Happy

Keep me posted will check in on your status.

Stores cannot an will not help with Public Mobile accounts, nor can then provide either SIM PUK codes, nor provide unlockng codes for phones.

I dunno...through the recent problems...someone reported going to a store and the store called their support contact and they went away working. The rest I'm with ya.

It's possible that the stores have a retail support channel, but such channels, if they exist, would be for activation issues.  Offficially, these stores are only there to activate or sell you sim cards and vouchers.  I don't see this as an activation issue since if the member does need the sim card's PUK, the sim card's security features would have had to be enabled manually by the customer. What they could do is swap the sim if they choose to, a new sim card for which it would be impossible for there to be an unknown sim card sercuity PIN on. 

If it's the master unlock code (that Samsung likes to call Sim netwwork unlock PUK), the store can't do anything about that either, and neither could Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@aaronsanto wrote:

Please be patient once youve sent a request takes between 24 to 72 hours. If it doesnt come through get in touch with a moderator on the forum. If there isnt a response still best bet is to go back to the store and ask for assistanceSmiley Happy

Stores cannot an will not help with Public Mobile accounts, nor can then provide either SIM PUK codes, nor provide unlockng codes for phones.

I dunno...through the recent problems...someone reported going to a store and the store called their support contact and they went away working. The rest I'm with ya.

@aaronsanto wrote:

Stores that sell Public Mobile sim cards cannot and will not help with Public Mobile accounts, nor can then provide either SIM PUK codes, nor provide unlockng codes for phones.  A store could sell the person a new Public Mobile sim card which would eliminate the need for the old sim card's PUK, but I'm not completely convinced that's what's needed here (although it could be).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

@aaronsanto 

???

How? Are you a mod too? How do you check status?

(8 posts in 7 years since 2012?)

@aaronsanto wrote:

Um...several people seem to like coming back to a thread and seeing how an OP has got on. That's how I interpreted that statement anyway.

And where've you been? There've been all sorts of issues of late. No doubt there's a backlog.

@aaronsanto 

???

How? Are you a mod too? How do you check status?

(8 posts in 7 years since 2012?)

@aaronsanto wrote:

Response times seem very slow right now actually.... I posted a thread too....

Not even a "validate your account" request in 48 hours?

@hairbag1 wrote:

@masoudbasiri wrote:

Hi

My sim card is locked and asking for puk code. I didn't get any answer from the moderator!

Any idea?

Please be patient...wait times could be as much as 48 hours...but usually lots less. Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile

aaronsanto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You may have to be patient depending on their workload for them to reply.

"Click here to send them a private message.

it takes you to a new page which lets you fill a form and message the mods.  It can take 48-72 hours for a response.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@masoudbasiri wrote:

Hi

Any idea?

@masoudbasiri   Is it asking puk code or a network code? If it's asking for a network code then you need to get that from the previous provider. If you need the puk code moderator time varies between 2 - 48 hours 

@masoudbasiri wrote:

Hi

Any idea?

Sim card secruity does enable itself. Did you enable the sim card's security feature and then not know what the sim card's password was?.  The default secuity PIN on all Public Mobile sim cards is 1234.  The sim card's security PUK is only needed if you entered the sim card's PIN too many times. Only the moderators can give you that, and by the looks of it, you've already asked them.

If your phone is prompting for "Sim network unlock PUK", Public Mobile cannot provide you with that. That would mean that your phone is locked to a different carrier.  The "Sim network unlock PUK" is needed if "Sim network unlock PIN" is entered incorrectly numerous times.  You will need the "Sim network unlock PUK" (sometimes refered to as master unlock code/unlbocking code before being able to use the proper "Sim network unlock PIN" code. This code will allow your device to accept sim cards from any carrier.  This unlock code can be requested from the original carrier.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@masoudbasiri wrote:

Hi

Any idea?

Please be patient...wait times could be as much as 48 hours...but usually lots less. Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.