cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need my IMEI to be blacklisted ASAP. Submitting ticket doesn't even work

kkaiser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone is stolen, and I need my phone's IMEI to be blacklisted as soon as possible.

The customer service with SIMon doesn't even work, and submitting a ticket seems to be not working either.

I need help...

My phone's IMEI is 358695xxxxxxxxx

8 REPLIES 8

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kkaiser wrote:

My phone is stolen, and I need my phone's IMEI to be blacklisted as soon as possible.

The customer service with SIMon doesn't even work, and submitting a ticket seems to be not working either.

I need help...

My phone's IMEI is 358695xxxxxxxxx

@kkaiser  Access selfserve and declare your phone Lost/Stolen.If your phone was an Android device you might be able to find, lock, or erase a lost Android device. Click here for more info.

Maybe whoever finds it will try and return it.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@kkaiser Since PM doesn't sell phones, I believe you can contact the provider you originally bought the phone from (eg Telus) and they can blacklist it for you. Please keep in mind all the advice above as well, especially the bit about how hard it is to unblacklist a phone if you eventually need to.

Contacting the original carrier might not work.  A few years ago, I was reading about some complaints that carriers were adding IMEI numbers of devices to the national blacklist because of custoemr account payment issues while this was never the intent of the blacklist.

I believe that it was Fido who said that they do not practice that, and as way of protecting consumers from having their devices blacklisted by others who simply know the IMEI, would not blacklist any device unless it had been active on the network some time in the past 90 days and unless the request had been made by the same person whose account the device was used on.

@kkaiser Since PM doesn't sell phones, I believe you can contact the provider you originally bought the phone from (eg Telus) and they can blacklist it for you. Please keep in mind all the advice above as well, especially the bit about how hard it is to unblacklist a phone if you eventually need to.

Also change email passwords, contact banks, credit card companies anywhere you think that you may be exposed because of this.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

First, please edit your post to remove any identifiable information - this is a public forum, anybody with access to the internet can see your info.

To have the actual IMEI blocked (just consider that it will be a considerable hassle to remove the block if you retrieve / find your phone again), you have to contact the moderator team (Public Mobile Customer Service Reps). Click on the "?" in the lower right corner to create a ticket through SIMON the chatbot.

kkaiser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. I did it

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kkaiser log into your self service / my account and put your phone to lost /stolen immediately. Then contact the moderators using this private message link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@kkaiser wrote:

I need help...

My phone's IMEI is xxxxcc

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kkaiserFirst thing, Login to your self-serve account and enable the Lost/Stolen feature. 

Need Help? Let's chat.