cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a phone upgrade

mderick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Does public mobile offer phone upgrades? If so how do i go about getting my phone upgraded?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah any carriers must unlock your phone for free of charge since December 1st, 2017. any you have to make call to them to unlocked for you 

good luck 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To add to Luddite's domments, the big carriers must unlock your phone free of charge since December 1st, 2017. 

GC

@stonechucker wrote:

Isn't there a partnership with Orchard still?  It used to be shown on the main community forum page.

It's by no means a deal, but it's an idea.

They no longer carry PM specific phones. I know of 3 people happy with them though.

https://www.getorchard.com?afmc=2zl

Unlocked phone is best, then Koodo/Telus (which PM unlocks for free).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

edmonch2013
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can purchase phone from amazon, newegg or apple store. PM does not offer any phone.

GreatCanadian

Yep. There are great deals on good phones online. Unless you are a flagship user, you can get a good phone for a reasonable price. Are you an Android user or an iPhone user...tell us and we can guide you to a phone purchase. Then again, perhaps you don't need any help in this regard. But if you do, fire away with the questions!

GC

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mderick, as stated PM doesn't sell phones and that is the upside/downside of PM (depeneding on how you have purchased your phones previously) 

Upside is no inflated costs of the phone as tehy subsidize it over 2 years on your plan which helps with lower plan costs.  As well with phones being unlocked for free now it really opens up shoping online (if you don't mind second hand hardware) and being able to get them unlocked.  I would look around at Bestbuy London Drugs Walmarts Amazon.ca local craigslist or online with  used(cityname).com.  Lots of options.  Let us know what you are looking for and I am sure we can come up with suggestions that could fit your needs.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Isn't there a partnership with Orchard still?  It used to be shown on the main community forum page.

It's by no means a deal, but it's an idea.

@mderick wrote:

yes i am a publick mobile customer and i need a new phone... what do i do?

Go shop for a phone?  Kidding aside, buying a phone is no different of a proces than buying anything else.  If you have some parameters on features, costs, etc. post it.  The community will provide some shopping suggestions. 

GreatCanadian

You pretty well have to just go out an buy a phone somewhere - Amazon, manufacturer's website, etc. Public Mobile does not sell phones or subsidize phone purchases.

GC

mderick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes i am a publick mobile customer and i need a new phone... what do i do?

GreatCanadian

Nope. PM does not sell phones. Are you currently with PM?

GC

Need Help? Let's chat.