cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a new Sim Card ASAP, please SimCard Permanently Blocked for wrong PUK.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to secure even  further and better my device, a Samsung S3 (SGH-1747), an nd so when it came to securing the Sim, I was prompted to provide a PUK, something I  thought was a fancy word for password or Pin. And so I, with confidence, repeatedly typed in the PIN I chose, when I first set the phone after purchase. I did it so many times,  partly because each time the system also prompted me to offer a new number,  which I thought was a good,  since I was looking for new ways to improve security. So as I now realize how thoroughly counterproductive my actions were, I have to say that I acted in of good faith through and through. I hereby request that you offer me the courtesy of a new card. In advance,  thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

@2329

As stated above, you can contact moderator, but there is no guarantees that moderator will help you.  It was your mistake unfortunately.  Expect 2-3 day wait and if they agree to send you a Sim card, it will take longer to mail the SIM card to you.  Therefore, it may take about at least one week to receive a SIM card. 

Probably faster just to go to a store vendor (ie. Walmart, WOW mobile, london drugs) and spend the $10 to buy a new SIM card and then switch SIM card.  Make sure that your original phone is unlocked, since you might be asked for PUK code again.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@2329 wrote:

I was trying to secure even  further and better my device, a Samsung S3 (SGH-1747), an nd so when it came to securing the Sim, I was prompted to provide a PUK, something I  thought was a fancy word for password or Pin. And so I, with confidence, repeatedly typed in the PIN I chose, when I first set the phone after purchase. I did it so many times,  partly because each time the system also prompted me to offer a new number,  which I thought was a good,  since I was looking for new ways to improve security. So as I now realize how thoroughly counterproductive my actions were, I have to say that I acted in of good faith through and through. I hereby request that you offer me the courtesy of a new card. In advance,  thank you 

All you can hope for is some goodwil from the moderators. They certainly have no obligation to fix what you did. My gas gauge still read above E so in good faith I kept driving by gas stations.

Go to a retailer and get one for $10 and do the Change SIM and carry on.

Or...

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.