cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m not getting service

Briguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m in a place where I normally have full bars of service. But right now I have nothing, the four bars are just grey in colour and I can’t text or call anyone

8 REPLIES 8

@enos wrote:

Have u tried looking at these things

-Did u forget to pay ur bill?

-Are u in a romot area were there is no service?

-Try restarting ur phone or a do it a couple of times

-u could take ur sim out and put it back in?

-try a friend or family members SIM card and see if it works or if ur phone has problems

Nice that you want to help! But the solution is already in this thread!Smiley Happy

enos

Have u tried looking at these things

-Did u forget to pay ur bill?

-Are u in a romot area were there is no service?

-Try restarting ur phone or a do it a couple of times

-u could take ur sim out and put it back in?

-try a friend or family members SIM card and see if it works or if ur phone has problems

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Briguy wrote:

Restarting my phone fixed the problem, thanks guys

@Briguy glad to hear this worked--rebooting should be the first thing you try whenever random unexpected behaviour crops up.

That said, community etiquette suggest you not pick your own response as the solution, especially when there were two replies from others above that suggested trying a reboot. The first of those was this message from @Lieuxhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/I-m-not-getting-service/m-p/388296/hi... and I would suggest you please un-mark your self-solution and choose his as the solution.  Thank you.

EDIT: replaced incorrect link

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Briguy wrote:

@Briguy  Glad to hear you took @Lieux  recommendation and rebooted your phone to fix it.

Briguy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This could be a phone or network issue.  If the location is in a major center where there is access to numerous towers, I would tend to think the problem is more likely the phone.  Maybe a reboot will solve the problem.  Try SIM swap into another phone. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Briguy can you get into your selfserve account? What happens when you call your number from another device? Can you get into your voicemail?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Briguy wrote:

I’m in a place where I normally have full bars of service. But right now I have nothing, the four bars are just grey in colour and I can’t text or call anyone

Did you try to reboot your phone? It fixed sometimes problem like this...

Need Help? Let's chat.