cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elderzerz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm about to buy a nokia lumia 930, but the IMEI isnt working....

Hi,

the IMEI is 3*******************2

doesn't seem to find the phone. Tho the seller told me it's a verizon phone from the USA, but he's been using it in montreal for the past year, over Fido, Rogers and Bell network.... 

The IMEI doesnt trigger a "lost/stolen' message on the IMEI search... what should i do?

Cheers

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: I'm about to buy a nokia lumia 930, but the IMEI isnt working....

Hey @elderzerz, I just did a search on the IMEI you provided.  The result shows its a Nokia flip phone model number 9290.  Have a look:  http://www.imei.info/?imei=358331051031042  

Of course, it could be an error of imei.info, or there is small chance that Lumia 930 may have a bad IMEI that was changed.  According to the GSM arena, this phone model doesn't have the LTE band 4 1700/2100 MHz, so you will be stuck with 3G/H+ data, which is not too bad to be honest.  

The PM website's check your phone option is returning no result for this IMEI.  I would recommend you don't buy this phone unless you are first able to insert a PM sim and confirm that it works.  

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Another site, www.willmyphonework.net is also another way to search as well

elderzerz

Thanks,

i ordered a PM sim card ; can i test the phone comptability with PM even if I havent activated my line?

Thanks!

imm1304

@elderzerz, I dont think that will work.. before activating the sim card, the phone will just say "No Service"

It would be best if you know someone on the PM network already who can let you test using their sim card.  

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Here's the scoop: Because this phone ONLY supports 1900 MHZ, the Coverage will NOT be thorough, but Reduced. Best to purchase a Telus Prepaid Alcatel One touch Flip phone.

2 year warranty, plus guaranteed to work on PM's HSPA+4G Network 

imm1304

@makkahn28  the phone does support 850 AND 1900 bands for 3G: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_930-6227.php

I dont think @elderzerz wants a flip phone.  The 930 lumia he is looking at is a 5" fully featured high end phone (from last year) .. the problem is with the IMEI of that phone.. its showing up as old nokia flip phone based on the IMEI number.  

elderzerz

Yup, the phone is adverized as Lumia Icon or Lumia 930 (pratically the same specs)
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Nokia-Lumia-930,Nokia-Lumia-Icon/phones/8571,8160

as advertised :

It has served me well on my travels. In very good condition with a bit of scratches at the edges and normal use. Two thin/small scratches on the screen.

Comes with all the accessories. Extras are the wireless charging pad, hard case, PortaPow Fast Charge USB Cable and screen protector.

It is a Verizon phone. I have tried and works with Rogers, Fido and Bell. MMS may not work properly as you have to set the APN yourself. It works with following bands:

CDMA: 800, 1900 MHz
GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS: 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz
FDD LTE: 700 (band 13), 1700/2100 (band 4) MHz

Please email me if you're interested. Fixed price.
Veuillez m'envoyer un courriel si vous êtes intéressé. Prix est ferme.

imm1304

@elderzerz the Lumia Icon is the verizon version.. if it is indeed the Icon and not the 930, then the LTE will work on PM network.. it does have all the right bands.  In comparison, the 930 doesn't have the right LTE band.  Thats a relevant difference between those two as shown in the link you posted.  

elderzerz

Alright, that being said, the seller doesn't recall unlocking the device, yet he (so he says) managed to use it over fido and bell's network.... is it possible? 

Need Help? Let's chat.