cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost my phone and I have the new sim card, now I need my sim card active with my current number

maheish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi admin,

My name is Maheish Delisser, I lost my phone and my sim card, now I got the new Public Mobile sim card and I want my number back and active to the this new sim card, please help

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Valhafting wrote:

Well I have the same problem I’m able to log in and change my SIM card but I cannot reactivate my phone after that! It won’t let me submit outstanding payment still waiting for help from moderator poor customer service as they are so slow to reply.

What error are you getting when trying to make a payment?  Did you try clearing your browser's cache & using incognity/privacy mode?

@maheish wrote:

I don't know my account, I forgot it, so please help me, is there any other way?

As mentioned earlier, you can reset your account password as long as you know your email and the answer to your security question. After resetting your password, it is simple to just change your sim number to new one. No need to contact mod and wait a day or two unless you are not able to reset your password.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go to the Public Mobile website. Click on MyAccount. Your user name is your email typically that you use for communication. Hopefully you remember that one. Click on forgot your password and Publi Mobile will send you a link in the email you use to reset your password. Follow the links in this email and then once logged in to your account click on Plan and Add Ons then click on Change SIM Card , Follow the links to change out your SIM to your New SIM. Yoursame  plan will then be switched over to your new SIM card. 

Cheers 

Valhafting

Well I have the same problem I’m able to log in and change my SIM card but I cannot reactivate my phone after that! It won’t let me submit outstanding payment still waiting for help from moderator poor customer service as they are so slow to reply.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Reset can only done by mod!  Contact them via private message.  

@maheish wrote:

It was since New year, the only email I have been used is xxxxxxxxxxxr@gmail.com and I cannot find my account with this email, my phone number with Public Mobile is xxxxxxxxxx

I am the account owner, so can I provide you my details so you can reset my account?

Please remove your name, email and phone number, anyone on the internet can read this forum.

If you are not able to reset your password as @RobertQc mentioned than your only option is to contact the MODs as @will13am mentioned.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

maheish

It was since New year

I am the account owner, so can I provide you my details so you can reset my account?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@maheish wrote:

hi admin,

My name is Maheish Delisser, I lost my phone and my sim card, now I got the new Public Mobile sim card and I want my number back and active to the this new sim card, please help

You just need to login to your self serve and go to change sim card.  Put the new sim card number in  and that will activate it and associate your phone number to that sim card.

ETA WOW this work comp is slow all these responses from when I hit enter to actually having it posted lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@maheish, if you are unable to go into the self serve account to do the SIM card change yourself, then you will need moderator team assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@maheish wrote:

I don't know my account, I forgot it, so please help me, is there any other way?

@maheishHow long has it been? Do you remember your e-mail address? If you do click here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/ and get the password sent to you to login

maheish

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@maheish wrote:

hi admin,

@maheish

Click Plans and Add-Ons

Click Change SIM card

Enter the new sim card number then hit submit

Unless you marked your phone as lost / stolen, then Log in, “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” then say you found your phone and go to change sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.