cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the 60$ plan but my phone makes me search and select at&t in the us and Pmobile in Canada?

brad397
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

Is it possible that TMobile is using frequencies (Bands) in that area that aren’t in your phone thus switching to AT&T even with a weaker signal allows your phone to work? Are you finding this situation in one location or many?

Terry 

@brad397 

That sometimes happens depending on your location in the US.  If it works on AT&T, just manually choose it.  Maybe turn of the automatic search carrier function in your phone for now.  

brad397

no it connects to tmobile but it wont let me make calls until I switch it to att

@brad397 wrote:

yes if I allow it it connect auto it connects me to t mobile which dosent work only at&t on our plan?

@brad397  Your plan works with Public in Canada and in the US it works with both T-Mobile and AT&T. So when you have on auto it tries to connect to the best available network depending on your location.

@brad397 

It should work with both in the US, but maybe in your area, the signal is better with AT&T.  While in other areas, T-mobile would be better.  

brad397

yes if I allow it it connect auto it connects me to t mobile which dosent work only at&t on our plan?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@brad397 

That is correct.  In Canada, your carrier will be Public Mobile.  in the USA, either AT&T or T mobile are the US carriers.  With most phones, it should be automatically done, but with some phones, you may need to manually choose the carrier.  Make sure to turn on roaming when in US. 

Need Help? Let's chat.