cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have nokia 5800 but not work with public mobil

mddakak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have nokia 5800 and I checked the IMEI number and it was ok but when I installed the sim I can not use the phone what I must do

4 REPLIES 4

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@mddakak, You most likely have the Europe or Asia Version of the Nokia 5800 which means it's not compatible with 850/1900Mhz HSPA+ Network (3G) however there is some hope your Nokia 5800 supports 850/1900Mhz 2G GSM network which means it's compatible on Rogers, Fido & Chatr

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thanks @Martin as it seems from what I can glean from the internet was it might be the European version.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

If you have the American version of Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, it will work only on 3G.
4G will be unavailable to you. If you have any other version, it will not work on the PM/Koodo/Telus network.

The above phone is from 2008, and is out of date. Unfortunately, the IMEI checker gave you a false positive, which it has been known to do for other phones.

If you wish to purchase a new phone, it must be UMTS/HSPA compatible. The 3G frequencies are 850 MHz and 1900 MHz. The 4G LTE frequencies are 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz.

You can purchase a compatible phone at Best Buy, Staples, Costco, Walmart, the Google online store, the Telus online store, the Nexus online store, the Apple online Store, and the Microsoft online Store.

Cheers!

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Probably not set up for telus 3G.

Will check

Need Help? Let's chat.