cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an iphone4s but cannot picture text but it is part of my plan. Have all the latest software.

Rock33
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have IOS 8.1.3

Carrier 18.2

What do I have to do to make this work?

15 REPLIES 15

Krystal_D
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Did u turn restart you phone after changing the APN settings. After I changed my APN on my iPhone 5 and restarted it everything worked no problem.

Just a general thumb: Apple iphones 4 and up will work, but older iphones might not have full functional abilities

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Glad to hear it worked out for you @rock33.

Cheers

I tend to notice, PPL with Apple iphones seem to experience some additional issues that take additional time to fully correct. Strange. Seems like Apple is losing its touch. This Job, well Steve Jobs, He is needed more than ever, Cook is overwhelmed, Apple products lack the Job touch. What a Shame

Rock33

It started to work today cannot eplain why but it works.

Thanks

DK
No worries mate. As for different phones @Rock33 the end result should be the same as they are running identical OS and carrier settings.

It's like driving to the same destination in different cars. Cars are different but they both run on gas.

benwarez

Thx DK - You deserve "One Bravo", I deserve "One Blame" 

DK
@Rock33 Can you post a pic of your APN settings from your phone. If you go to the full pc site you will see the option to upload a pic when you comment.

Thanks

Rock33

I do have the data on turned I guess the 5s is works differnt than the 4s

DK
If you don't have data on your plan try turning on data and then sending an MMS.

DK
Puzzling as I have the same setup on my wife's 5S and it works great. Is your data working?

Rock33

Thanks but this did not work.

blaze697

@benwarez wrote:
modify apn to PM settings as follows http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-on-my-smartphone/... then enable cellular data

the link you posted is incorrect or has been taken down. Can you check the URL or maybe a different location if possible?

Thanks

benwarez
Need Help? Let's chat.