cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a iPhone 6 that is saying "SIM Not Supported"

chancekell855
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Alright, my phone is already locked by Public Mobile and I got a SIM card today and it's saying "SIM Not Supported". I wanna unlock my phone but I cannot fill out a ticket.

7 REPLIES 7

You might want to reread. 

LurganUK,

I didn't specify who to contact to get get the phone unlocked, but only that Apple stores have sold locked devices in the past in partnership with the carriers.

@LurganIeUk 

I'm sure that you aware that Apple corporate stores have sold locked devices in Canada as a carrier authorized dealer.  It's quite possible to have an iPhone that was purchased directly from Apple to be locked, but yes, these can be unlocked for free.

@LovesToPM wrote:

If your iPhone is purchased in Canada, you can also contact Apple Canada to get it unlocked.

APPLE DOES NOT UNLOCK IPHONES OR IPADS.

They have always sold unlocked devices. A locked iPhone was purchased from a carrier.  The carrier, if in Canada, must unlock it free. The carrier submits the request to Apple and then your Apple device gets the update from Apple. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

To unlock your phone you have to contact the provider you got it from. Bell, Rogers, Fido etc and request them to unlock it.

They'll send an unlock request to your phone. Once it's unlocked put your sim card in and you should be good to go. If it still not working after that you may have to plug it into iTunes to see if it pushes the unlock finalization.

So contact the provider that you got the phone from.

Don't forget to use a referral code at sign up for a $10 sign up bonus.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@chancekell855  Call the phone company who sold you your iPhone to get it unlocked.

If your iPhone is purchased in Canada, you can also contact Apple Canada to get it unlocked.

Moderators cannot help in this situation. Moderators can only unlock devices or provide unlock codes for Telus/Koodo/Public locked devices. An iPhone locked to Telus would already work at Public Mobile. The original carrier can get this phone unlocked.

edit: Thanks to @LurganIeUk for the correction.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201328

Need Help? Let's chat.