cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Moto G phone from Public Mobile. I can't get data.

albertito
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Moto G phone from Public Mobile. I programed Apn as reccomended on the site but still can't get data. wifi works fine. What do I do now.

3 REPLIES 3

@albertito,

You can try to RESET your APN to default, then choose "Mobile Internet (sp.mb.com)"

OR

You can manually configure your APN Setting to access DATA (internet) and MMS.

Step-by-step APN configuration :

Lithium-OrangeBullet-Jan23-00.jpgStep 1

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Click here for Android APN Screen Shot

Lithium-OrangeBullet-Jan23-00.jpgStep 2

You will need to input the following information :

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

Lithium-OrangeBullet-Jan23-00.jpgStep 3

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

albertito
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This past February I asked PM to unlock my phone and then switched to a US SIM card for 1 week.When I returned I replaced the PM SIM card and and changed my data programing to PM. I Have not gotten data since. What can I do to get data again? I subscribe to the $40/month plan with 1 GB free data.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

I have 2 Moto G phones (1st Generation). One is locked to PM, while the other is locked to Telus.

When I purchased the first phone, I had immediate full service once I powered my phone. I never changed any of the APN settings.

If you purchased a phone from PM, while there were still PM stores, what prompted you to change the APN settings, since they were already pre-set to PM?

I look forward to your explanation as it may provide additional information so that your problem can be resolved.

PS: Do you have a plan that provides data each billing cycle? If not, did you purchase a data add-on?

Cheers.

Need Help? Let's chat.