cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got bough new unlocked iPhone , how tell PM I have a different phone???

Rednip
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This use case is not covered anywhere in this web site. My old phone is not lost or stolen. My new phone is an unlocked iPhone 6s. IMEI is clean. I'm giving my old phone to my wife, she's also a PM customer.  This should be a common task but I can't figure it out.

-

9 REPLIES 9

@AE_Collector wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

Hi @Rednip my question is, why doesn't the wife get a new phone as well? lol jk

As already mentioned above, just remove your sim card from the old phone and insert it to your new phone.  You may have to reboot to wake up your new phone.  Same with your wife "new" phone.  Remove sim card from her antiquated phone (lol jk) and insert it to the newish phone.  Maybe reboot as well?  That's it really.  Unless there is a problem you want to tell us.  Cheers! 

@RosieR 

She is having trouble finding the SIM card in her phone.

AE_Collector6F6FD93C-6A6F-4AF8-84DE-B933C02E7FCD.jpeg

@AE_Collector LOL that is so funny 🤣

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think with any provider, you swap the sim out to another phone and it just works the same as it did as on the other phone as long as its compatible with your carrier. 

@RosieR wrote:

As already mentioned above, just remove your sim card from the old phone and insert it to your new phone.  You may have to reboot to wake up your new phone.  Same with your wife "new" phone.  Remove sim card from her antiquated phone (lol jk) and insert it to the newish phone.  Maybe reboot as well?  That's it really.  Unless there is a problem you want to tell us.  Cheers! 

@RosieR 

She is having trouble finding the SIM card in her phone.

@Rednip 

No offence intended, I am just being silly. My wife and I both use hand me down phones from our daughter and son in law.

AE_Collector6F6FD93C-6A6F-4AF8-84DE-B933C02E7FCD.jpeg

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Rednip wrote:

This use case is not covered anywhere in this web site. My old phone is not lost or stolen. My new phone is an unlocked iPhone 6s. IMEI is clean. I'm giving my old phone to my wife, she's also a PM customer.  This should be a common task but I can't figure it out.

-

You don't need to tell Public Mobile that you you are your wife will be using a different phone. They'll know as soon as you connect to the network after you insert the SIM card into the new device. 

Although it does not show in your PM  My Account....My Account is an extract from the Telus prepaid web site and as soon as you change your SIM on Telus Prepaid, your new device information shows. So is just suppressed for us to see but no doubt as @computergeek541   says, they likely see it. And no doubt they use that information for development of services. 

Rednip
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oi, do I feel dumb.  Still, would be nice to cover somewhere.  I guess its cover here now.

<:\

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Rednip wrote:

-

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Rednip wrote:

Is there a specific problem you're having that you're here asking? Because as above, it's that easy.

Dang red box. Hey Jb456...you got in before computergeek541 moved it 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is prepaid and bring your own device.

Simply take the sim card out of your old phone and put it in your new one.

Enjoy!

@Rednip wrote:

-

You don't need to tell Public Mobile that you you are your wife will be using a different phone. They'll know as soon as you connect to the network after you insert the SIM card into the new device. 

Need Help? Let's chat.