cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I couldn't get incoming calls. it goes to voicemail right away. Help please!

Gemma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have used Public mobile for two years. this morning, I couldn't get incoming calls. it goes to voicemail right away. My work couldn't reach me. do you know why? please help! !!I can still call out though.

12 REPLIES 12

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

When your phone is off, the network has no connection to your phone. As such, any call received will go immediately to voicemail. This could result in blank messages if robocallers call you since there is no ringing time delay...

When you turn on your phone again, it will have no log of any missed calls, other than the voicemails.

I have switched my voicemail to YouMail by directing all of my conditional call forward settings to their deposit number instead of Public Mobile, now they just come as emails with sound file attachments and text transcription that are easy to delete - no need to call in anymore.

I am just wondering, when 'phone' is off (airplane mode or turned off) and somebody calls you, do you expect calling number to be recorded in your phone?

Recently I was getting bunch of voice messages (just silence for 10-15 sec.) from really strange numbers from all over Canada. Yes, I can get a calling number when listening to vmail but was thinking why it is not shown as 'missed call'.

@Gemma wrote:

oh no, it went back to voicemail again. HELP!!!m what is going on here.

• Try forcing your phone to 3G mode (aka HSPA or WCDMA) - disabling LTE.
  • Try undoing any call forwarding that might have been inadvertently set by dialing ##21# and ##004#

@Gemma 

Simon can be annoying., open ticket with direct message.

(but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your Community inbox after 

Mod will work with you via sending messages there 

Gemma

I am in the same area. i tried to talk to Simon, it keep saying "My account is suspended", "payment processed but no change", but my account status is active.

@Gemma  are you in a new area today?  (wondering if this is an issue with the signal in the area)

definitely try another SIM reseat.

If still only work briefly, or not at all, I guess time to open a ticket with Mod, they might be able to reset something on the back end

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gemma

oh no, it went back to voicemail again. HELP!!!m what is going on here.

Gemma

reseat SIM worked. thank you!!!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Gemma   try reseat the SIM (power down, take out the SIM, wipe it clean, put it back and power it up)

it happened to me before, too.  A normal reboot without reseat didn't work.  At least for me, it only work after reseating the SIM

Need Help? Let's chat.