cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't use voice mail?

tk1991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Whenever I try to access my voice mail, I get the following message.

"sorry we cannot complete your call, you do not have an active long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan. get an add- on by calling *611."

But I asked my friend who has the exact same plan as I do, but he never had any issue with voicemail. 

8 REPLIES 8

@tk1991

@tk1991 wrote:

i'm not sure what u mean by this. call from different phone? haha im sorry, im not very familiar with this

From another phone line, call your cell number.  Once you get the voicemail greeting, press *, then your voice mail PIN, then you can access the voicemail setup system.  

Have you set up your voicemail yet?  Here is the information for setup...

Setting up Voicemail

After you’ve activated, your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages as soon as you add it to your account. It will play a default greeting until you set it up. Setting it up isn’t complicated:

1. Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  2. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  3. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  4. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  5. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.

When you access your voicemail, your phone has to call one of the PM voicemail number.  Maybe that number is not setup properly for some reason.  Maybe do a network reset to clear the phone from any previous carrier information....

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tk1991 wrote:

"sorry we cannot complete your call, you do not have an active long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan. get an add- on by calling *611."

But I asked my friend who has the exact same plan as I do, but he never had any issue with voicemail. 

Instead of a long press on 1, try calling yourself. Does that work?

tk1991

i'm not sure what u mean by this. call from different phone? haha im sorry, im not very familiar with this

tk1991

motoG 5 and version 7.0

tk1991

im on the 12gb per 3 month plan with unlimited canada wide callling and text. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@tk1991, this is the official knowledge base covering the Voicemail feature.  It is pretty simple from the provider end.  What model of phone are you using and OS version?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tk1991 wrote:

@tk1991:

What plan are you on?

If the $10 then maybe you're out of minutes.

If so then you could get the 200 minute add-on.

If not the $10 plan then is your plan active?

If so then try restarting the phone.

Or the lost/stolen trick.

Or the extra $1 trick.

The above even with the $10 plan.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried calling from another line.  To see if it works?.just press * during the announcement and enter your pin..  This not a long term solution but at least you could

possibly retrieve voicemails until the moderators can help out.

Need Help? Let's chat.