cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make/receive calls

tripoli110
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't make /receive voice calls.

I can send texts only. whenever I try to make a call, the network disconnects and reconnect after a while.

I restarted the phone, did manual/auto network search and  removed the SIM but not resolved.

Please help.

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tripoli110 

See this thread and my messages: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Dropped-Calls/td-p/419400

This is a constant issue and I've been trying to bring attention to this since earlier this year... seems to be that they are refusing to acknowledge that there is fundamental problem in the network... If you get this resolved, please let me know... I'm experiencing this on two different devices 

@tripoli110  Take your case off the phone as see if it will connect. If not this phone is 50/50 with known connection issues. Your next option might be a reset. Try a soft one first. If you have to do a hard (factory) reset be sure to back it up first. Worse case scenario you have a lemon. Is it still under warranty?

tripoli110

Android, ZTE Axon 7

tripoli110

done that same issue. network keeps on connecting/disconnecting whenever I try to make a call. if someone tries to call me it goes straight to the VM.

@Variance wrote:

What type of phone do you have? Android or IOS?

To check if you have airplane mode, you should be able to swipe down from the top of you screen (same place where you have your wifi and and bluetooth toggles, look for an icon that looks like an airplane, and make sure that is turned off

@tripoli110  Yes @Variance is correct. Leave it on airplane mode for 15 minutes. Then see if your calling works.

Variance

What type of phone do you have? Android or IOS?

To check if you have airplane mode, you should be able to swipe down from the top of you screen (same place where you have your wifi and and bluetooth toggles, look for an icon that looks like an airplane, and make sure that is turned off

@tripoli110  Check airplane mode? Or Check? Sorry not quite sure what you want to check.

tripoli110

how to check that? do you have a link?

Thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tripoli110  Also try airplane mode for 15 minutes.

@tripoli110  Ok thx thought you might be having the same issue as a few of us whose renewal was last night. We have no services except data from our add on data.

tripoli110

No it was on November 29th

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tripoli110  Was your renewal last night?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Have a look at the Telus outage report for your area...perhaps there's network problems.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have another phone try swapping the sim to see if it works.

If you still have problems then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.